Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 115363 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« on: June 16, 2012, 02:46:17 am »
This thread will be used to keep track of the maps added and removed from the PH rotation.

Feel free to discuss any map suggestions in this thread!

Here's our current map rotation:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:59:57 am by VoiDeD »

Offline GHOST

Re: Map Rotation
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »
RedStone is a good map but it big

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:23:45 am »
I've got a few that I've been testing that I'd like to see added. I'll try and figure out how to fix the bugs and get some ERROR props working.
Maps:
cc_hotel
ph_desert (has 3 ERROR props that are large crate size)
arena_tundra (can't find a PH variant)
ph_raincliff (bug where some textures won't load, which makes console go crazy)
ph_cyberpunk (so many times have I heard people suggest this)

Bugs:
Raincliff: sometimes the cliff part won't load. This leaves floating grass and stairs and makes console constantly flow with "unable to load: <insert texture here>" for quite a few textures.
Tundra: No PH variant found, still searching though. If the arena could be used with a PH config then WOOHOO.
Desert: Just 3 ERROR textures in a corner of the map that you can stand about 2 pyros tall above the ground.

I've got all the maps in a zip file, which I will leave here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?l3k8tqpfoqflgc9

It has a few maps outside of the "maps" folder, along with other models and materials needed for one of the maps.

Thanks for reading! Hope to see these worked out if possible.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:42:13 pm »
A few notes on the suggested maps:

1. Redstone is manageable only if the server is packed. Think of ph_warehouse but 3x the size, and 2x the amount of random items and props. It can be a big time waster just getting thru the full map. I've long yelled at Colax about my hatred for his map, but still better than the next map on the list:

2. Cyberpunk is a trollable map, including a room that props can lock from the inside and therefore never die. It stalls the game and rages people. Also, its a bit of an eyesore and people dick around.

3. Hotel isn't bad, but like Cyberpunk there is a room props can enter and lock from the inside, preventing death.

I don't know anything about raincluff, tundra, or desert. Chances are they are newish maps made by average map makers but loaded with exploits. People often just convert any ol map into a ph map, and it doesn't necessarily translate well.

There are a few maps which would be nice to add, including:
-spooky harvest  (I dont personally like, and you hae to be careful of having the correct version)
-ph_manor - all around good. A little snug and could use a few clip fixings, but definitely playable and often a favorite.
-ph_target - a good small map. Not great for a full server, but I don't imagine people would wanna vote for it since they won't even vote farm feud when the server is packed.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 04:03:55 pm »
I don't like the idea of props being able to lock themselves into rooms; that'd be an incredibly unfair advantage, so I don't want to add those maps.

However, I've grabbed the following maps and have thrown them into the rotation:

ph_redstone_a2
ph_raincliff_v1a

It seems like we already had ph_spookyharvest_a2, so I've updated it to a3.

I wasn't able to find downloads for ph_target, and I wasn't able to find any map configs for ph_manor_event and ph_desert.

As for arena_tundra, that's going to need a custom config since it's not a prophunt map. I'm pretty sure I can just copy the config of some other snowy map, if it exists.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »
I'm sorta green to the whole config bit for maps, but if you need the actual maps I have them (Manor and Target.) I can try bugging people from FreeFrag which used to host the maps about cfgs.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 04:52:56 pm »
I welcome anything that can help.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 05:29:31 pm »
I agree with box on the maps that should be added, although on hotel (which is on GM), I have never seen anyone other than Master Shake/Killingyouguy do the door glitch. But with the new maps added, could you please add some screenshots? >.> It's going to take a while for me to play some of those maps, and I'd like to have a slight preview :P
Also I remember once playing on ph_offblast? Might be a pretty bad map, but I can't really remember clearly, any veterans know? :p
EDIT:Was checking my map list, I have ph_chapel (I do not remember playing this ever),ph_medieval(nor this), and also I got in on a new map that was on a side server that is unreleased and unfinished, I'll ask shinkz if you guys can use it ;D. I'll tell you if those maps are alright in a min
EDIT2:
-ph_medieval is a pretty bad map, and I also discovered a very easy way to get under the map :P
-ph_chapel seems like an ok map I guess, with no apparent way to get outside the maps, not a lot of spots (excluding easily found "secrets") but pretty good for running. Also has probably the best music of every map ever, but I'll let you find that yourself, like I did :D
-ph_watermill is obviously pretty good, being made by shinkz, but is still in a1, and is not completely finished yet (no bugs really or anything, just not a lot of secrets or anything, a lot like the original map still)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:05:12 pm by MrEskimoMan »
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 07:02:58 pm »
I have never seen anyone other than Master Shake/Killingyouguy do the door glitch.
I have seen plenty of people do this on the American side (many who still play), including myself. ;) I've noticed a lotta things catch on quickly here at SH, so I don't doubt this glitch would continue.

Also I remember once playing on ph_offblast? Might be a pretty bad map, but I can't really remember clearly, any veterans know? :p
I don't particularly remember, but would imagine it hasn't been in rotations for a reason.

-ph_medieval is a pretty bad map, and I also discovered a very easy way to get under the map :P
-ph_chapel seems like an ok map I guess, with no apparent way to get outside the maps, not a lot of spots (excluding easily found "secrets") but pretty good for running. Also has probably the best music of every map ever, but I'll let you find that yourself, like I did :D
I get these 2 maps confused/mixed but in addition Medieval I think is another giant map that sucks if the server isn't completely packed.

I would favor not adding in maps just for the sake of padding the list. I've been to a lot of PH servers where server admins threw in a slew of maps - basically making a prophunt version of ANY map - and there's definitely a difference between a map thats made well and made for the mod. Given that Alpha Omega seems to be gone forever, and had always been the American PH king, I'd hate for anything to taint this refuge server.

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »
MY OPINION ON BRINGING IN NEW MAPS

If you catch my drift.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 09:01:36 pm »
Added the following maps to the rotation:

ph_hilltop_a2
ph_target_final

Offline MrEskimoMan

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 07:23:42 am »
I don't think you quite understood me.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 01:19:50 pm »
Those are reasonable map additions, ones that have worked and been tested over a period of time.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 05:02:35 pm »
Added ph_manor_event_a1 to the rotation.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »
someone probably told you but as of like 6pm today manor was broken, it was just arena