Author Topic: Zoooooom Oooouuutt  (Read 5499 times)

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
Zoooooom Oooouuutt
« on: September 05, 2012, 03:56:29 am »
Can we get a zoom out option for 3rd person spec mode for props?  Mostly for the giant ass rocks, if you are rocks the camera is positioned so that you can only see like 1 small edge of the prop and it makes it impossible to hide.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
Re: Zoooooom Oooouuutt
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 03:13:08 pm »
Nope, that's how it is. Part of the challenge is knowing how to manipulate your 3rd person view. Moreso, I'd suggest that if you wanna suggest major changed to the PH mod itself, head to http://www.gamingmasters.co.uk and post on their forum since the developers live on that forum. I think Voided can best be used to do slight modifications w/o changing the entire mod. i could be wrong but i'm also drunk so there u go.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 04:46:02 pm »
DarkImmortal doesn't even update it himself anymore they just use the configs from another site. i forget what site but yeah DarkImmortal hasn't updated anything himself in years

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13:16 pm »
Box is so mlg i cant handle it.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 08:41:54 pm »
more like #1 in my heart

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 09:03:29 pm »
I don't really see any downsides to letting larger props have a zoomed out camera, so I'll see if I can implement this. Just gotta find the time in my busy class schedule to get it done.

Offline DrJack Posts Ponies C:

• Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons Dragons
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 02:02:20 am »
Voidy, how could you disobey Box? He's powerful man and a good-looking one at that

Offline 9mmpainpill

• Donator
  • On a THC powered rocket ship to the moon.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 09:10:36 pm »
Voidy, how could you disobey Box? He's powerful man and a good-looking one at that

I'm not saying I perform sexual favors on Voidy to get him to listen to me.  All I'm saying is that it would certainly make a lot of sense.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 12:08:18 pm »
I tried implementing this with view offsets (the same stuff tf2 uses internally to move the camera back when you play with model scale), and unfortunately it didn't work. :(

Instead, I increased the fov as a prop from 100 to 105. That may help a little.

Additionally, I went into the thirdperson-as-prop code and fixed the lagginess of it. It's now much smoother, and doesn't interfere with the normal thirdperson (through the !3/!thirdperson commands, etc).