Author Topic: New Conc Physics  (Read 3243 times)

Offline supersysscvi

• Not-So-Casual Gamer
New Conc Physics
« on: January 25, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »
I just went on the server today and noticed that the conc[cussion grenade] physics were changed.

Um, is this permanent?

Because, in my opinion, these concs are absolutely horrible to try and jump with, as I can't do many of the techniques I had learned with the old physics. (e.g. Juggling)
Kirby kirby! Kirby~

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: New Conc Physics
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:04:59 pm »
According to CrancK (the author of the conc plugin), the crazy bounciness is the expected behavior of the new plugin. The change actually happened more than a year ago, and we simply hadn't updated our plugin to that version.

Offline supersysscvi

• Not-So-Casual Gamer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 02:11:18 pm »
Okay. I do remember other servers having the bounciness, and at least these have a lesser bounce to them than the last time I had to work with the updated plugin (different server, not Saxton Hell's), but there's still that extra angle boost to them. ;n; So hard to juggle when you can't throw a grenade straight at your feet.

Thanks for the answer, though. ^^; Guess I just like to whine.
Kirby kirby! Kirby~

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 07:37:46 pm »
One thing I did do following my post was to lower the throw velocity a bit, so they bounce a little less violently. So they should feel a little better since then.

Offline supersysscvi

• Not-So-Casual Gamer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 07:58:51 pm »
Thank you. o3o I mean, I hope the other conc jumpers don't find it a problem, but thank you.

Thank you thank you thank you.

o3o You don't know how nice it is to go "Oh, I can walk up to my conc before it explodes." It is very nice. Again, thank you. So much. Like. I. I don't even. Know how to give thanks.

EDIT: "You don't know how nice it is..." Um,  you could. :x Expressions are weird.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:04:37 pm by supersysscvi »
Kirby kirby! Kirby~