Author Topic: Permanently stuck on Machine Attacks? [Solved]  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Permanently stuck on Machine Attacks? [Solved]
« on: January 09, 2015, 01:42:10 pm »
Every time the map changes via vote, it seems to revert to Machine Attacks ep1. :T
It changed to different map, download new map, suddenly it was Machine Attacks ep1 again :T
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:04:58 pm by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline GoldPlated

Re: Permanently stuck on Machine Attacks?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:48:54 am »
That's because the kids want to play nothing else BUT Machine Attacks, over and over and over and over and over.........well, you get where I'm going with this.
When a map that is not Machine Attacks loads, they immediately vote on a Machine Attacks map
There are lots of other, perfectly playable maps, yet the kids play nothing BUT Machine Attacks
Might as well remove all of the other maps and call it 24/7 Machine Attacks Hell (because those maps ARE a special kind of hell...)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 01:05:26 am »
I don't believe the server is physically stuck on machine attacks as I see it changing between other maps occasionally, just that players end up voting for it most of the time.

I'm still looking at ways to approach this problem. It may be that voting is allowed immediately before everyone fully loads, so one player may be triggering a map change vote (and having it pass) before everyone else connects. If this isn't the case, I may look into spinning up another server for non-machine attacks maps.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:26:22 pm »
Ok, now I'm getting a little bit mad over machine hell with its so called "maps" with Machine attacks being played almost 24/7, the only times it would change is when someone joins the server when its empty and the player calls a vote to change it to something else. But now, its just machine attacks with the same crappy translation of english with a none creative misson like just take this thing to that,survive this many, or make it past this deathrun part.
I still have to understand this, why the hell does Machine attack maps stick out the most while there are many other maps that are actually way better and gives you practice to the real mvm servers.
Can we actually get a cooldown on the machine attacks maps or something, I would like to join the server and play a good map that actually haves waves on it where you can kill the robots and not depend on stupid little power ups like; max speed for 3 mins, 75% chance not to be hit, or uber charged for gods who ever knows when.

• Venus Power
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 08:29:26 pm »
Going to add this in, if we have about 30 different missions for the other maps we have, why are the only ones showing are the 12 machine attacks maps out of other maps we have from the list

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 08:37:33 pm »
What's the minimum before a map can be played again?
Then add like +12 or +20 to it for all the machine attacks because once someone RTV to episode 1, then it's inevitably going to go all the way to 11 or 12, then maybe one other map then some kid queues it for Episode 1 again.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

• Venus Power
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 08:54:51 pm »
What's the minimum before a map can be played again?
Then add like +12 or +20 to it for all the machine attacks because once someone RTV to episode 1, then it's inevitably going to go all the way to 11 or 12, then maybe one other map then some kid queues it for Episode 1 again.
or we can just remove then so we dont have to deal with them, either one will work

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 03:46:39 pm »
Alright so I went with introducing another MvM server (mvm2.hell.tf), and I've moved all campaign-like maps (machine attacks, l6f) onto that server. I've also put some chat adverts on the first server so that people are aware to where the maps have moved.

• Venus Power
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 04:03:46 pm »
Alright so I went with introducing another MvM server (mvm2.hell.tf), and I've moved all campaign-like maps (machine attacks, l6f) onto that server. I've also put some chat adverts on the first server so that people are aware to where the maps have moved.
thanks now i can do waves of robots instead of one long ass one that makes no sense