Author Topic: Why are collisions turned off?  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
Why are collisions turned off?
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:26:42 pm »
I miss being able to hit people with rockets, needles and arrows. What was the point of turning it off?

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
Re: Why are collisions turned off?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »
If collisions are turned on, then this can enable two donators to troll, one gets a huntsman, and taunt locks the others. Plus, on the trade_plaza map, a donor with godmode could quite easily block the spawns. But I say TURN THAT SHIT BACK ON. TURN IT ON!
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline Infamous

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »
The donator could easily just turn godmode off and let the taunt kill him, ridding himself of the endless loop of being "taunt killed" without dying. You now have one death on a trading server, whoop'dy doo! Plus, pyros can still airblast players while under the effects of !god, not like anyone blocking spawn is too much of a problem.

If those are the only two concerns that came with player collision then I'd have to side with turning it back on. I loved getting huntsman kills. Otherwise, if there was an underlying issue that I don't know about and makes relative sense, I won't mind too much if it's off. Doesn't really effect my judgement too much because let's be honest, it's a trading server.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:12 pm »
Collisions are disabled because donators would use god mode and get people trapped in teleporters. I got tired of people complaining about this (because I hate going into the trade server to deal with things like that), so I disabled them.

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:07 pm »
More people need to learn the power of the airblast. But okay thanks.

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.