Poll

Do you think we should implement this?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Changing how we join teams  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Chikiro

Changing how we join teams
« on: March 30, 2014, 01:56:25 pm »
I've been thinking, and I would like to make a suggestion about the motd.  I feel like we need to change how we join teams to be the same way that SourceOP handles joining teams.  This way is that our team that we join is random, and we can't do anything about it.  I feel like this will help competition in ph hell, and will help with a lot of other things too.

Pros:
-If team stack, it happens by chance.  So, there will be less team stack.
-It helps prevent ghosting, because players can't choose which team
-It prevents the goddamn annoying team switchers
-It changes up who is on what team, ie, you won't always have it where two players are always on the same team, or different teams.

Con:
-You can't correct auto"balance"

Feel free to add more to this discussion, but I personally think it's a good idea.

Offline solar

Re: Changing how we join teams
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 02:18:54 pm »
^ I agree. Other PH servers I frequent use the random team assignment - I've heard players talking about how they choose teams based on points/players etc so this would eliminate that.
XI

Offline ConstructionBoy

• your-friendly-neighborhood-pyro
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:21:37 pm »
I teamswitch cause I'm a panning tryhard  8)
Don't run! its just sign

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:59:23 am »
you can still teamswitch you just need a tiny bit of luck
source: professional nerd
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 02:20:15 pm »
^ I agree. Other PH servers I frequent use the random team assignment

The only other servers that should matter are Alpha Omega, GamingMasters, and VaultF4 (formerly FreeFrag). The majority of other ph servers out there are dookie

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:16:20 am »
-It prevents the goddamn annoying team switchers

Ouch.
Just wanted to add:

Cons:
Unable to join a team with friends when wanting to compete together on the same team.
Unable to join the opposite team of a friend to compete against each other.
If teams are unbalanced, someone will just have to wait in spectator the entire round, somewhat enabling ghosting (sure Voidy could fix this though).

By the way, how does teamswitching affect you? This is another person staying on the team they prefer the best they can, whether it be red or blue. It has not effect on where you hide, your prop, or your preferred hunting class.

Offline solar

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 01:37:08 pm »

If teams are unbalanced, someone will just have to wait in spectator the entire round, somewhat enabling ghosting (sure Voidy could fix this though).

^ I forgot about that, that's pretty crappy.
XI

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 11:40:06 am »
Ouch.
Just wanted to add:

Cons:
Unable to join a team with friends when wanting to compete together on the same team.
Unable to join the opposite team of a friend to compete against each other.

By the way, how does teamswitching affect you? This is another person staying on the team they prefer the best they can, whether it be red or blue. It has not effect on where you hide, your prop, or your preferred hunting class.

Ouch.
Just wanted to add:

Pros:
Unable to stack teams.
Unable to ghost/friendly.

By the way, teamswitching affects you! This is another person staying on the team they prefer the best they can, whether it be red or blue. It completely effects on where you hide if they are good, and the other 2 points are irrelevant.
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Chikiro

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 12:23:23 pm »
As eski said, it changes the demographic because they are playing at what they are best at.  If a user constantly team switches to blue, and they are good hunters, it gets very annoying real fast.  I'm better at hunting, and would rather hunt all the time, but I tend to stay on red because it's fair to everyone else who has to switch over to red.  Only one, maybe two, people get the chance to switch at a time.  And, as said with the "best at", it has a huge affect on where I hide.  If the team originally had little to nobody on it, and, say, you decided to switch, now I have to completely rethink my hiding strategy and completely change how I react.

It's also unfair from a stats point of view.

And I had no idea the whole spectate thing was there, but I'm sure voidy can easily fix that.

Offline Chikiro

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 12:24:11 pm »
[Ignore, accidentally did a reply, and not an edit]