Author Topic: Garbage Hales  (Read 7335 times)

Offline Cube

• OMG U PLAY FF U FAG
Garbage Hales
« on: January 10, 2015, 04:42:03 pm »
Specifically speaking, Im talking about Major Crits Jr. I just played against him and he had 48k health with 16 people. He has about 30 rockets in his clip, increased reload speed, crit rockets, near infinite ammo, and he gets to rocket jump even when ubered. This boss is practically unbeatable. It needs to be removed or fixed.

Stop letting Koishi make bosses, he just makes stupid ones.

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
Re: Garbage Hales
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 04:52:30 pm »

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 07:37:43 pm »
Practice hale

Offline fr00p

• Mint
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 12:44:14 pm »
Practice hale
What exactly do you mean by 'practice hale'?

• Venus Power
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 03:08:36 pm »
What exactly do you mean by 'practice hale'?
by learning how to counter the robot in mvm

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 04:34:15 pm »

Junior has normal soldier speed but has a higher ragedamage required (5000 instead of 4000) to use the Uber rage. The rage is mainly to simulate type 2 being Ubercharged by those giant bot medics, and the large HP pool is to represent how type 1 has that 250+ HP regen.

The pureness of crits is critical to his defeat, so have at least 2 engineers, one for dispenser, one for amplifier, and at least have one of the engys use a short circuit. Pyros can easily airblast his rockets away anyway. Fairly simple to defeat if you know what you're doing or have played MvM in the past (Two Cities missions)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:54:57 pm by SHADoW NiNE TR3S »

Offline fr00p

• Mint
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 09:09:33 pm »
by learning how to counter the robot in mvm
If people want to practice mvm they should be playing bootcamp, not ff2.

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 01:33:51 am »
The real reason why he's designed the way he is was to mainly test medics and their choice of pocket buddies and focuses more on the pureness of critical hits. Yes, the large HP he gets is actually meant to confuse the player into thinking he is unbeatable. He becomes easier to defeat once you get a pretty good Medic to pocket a high damage player.

Originally, one of the updates was going to halve the HP formula from ((2000+n)*n)^1.04 to ((1000+n)*n)^1.04, but the pilot group who tested the newer HP formula had a field day defeating him rather quickly, not even 3 minutes into the round, mainly due to market garden "backstabs" (as he was designed to not be able to stun players or sentries on-rage, but rather, gain ubercharge for several seconds to give the boss a chance to fully reload his clip as he can only regenerate 20 rockets at a time, while his clip is 26 rockets).

It's similar to how my human sentry buster boss is set up - low HP, but 75% resistance to any ranged sources including sentry guns, and complete knockback immunity, but is designed to encourage players to use their melee weapons (which is why melee hits deal more damage against him than damage from ranged sources). Yes, his infinite ullapool caber is designed to give the impression of being overpowered and unbeatable as well, but once you have players who actually use their melee weapons, he's easier to defeat.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:49:28 am by SHADoW NiNE TR3S »

Offline hammer777

• I'm lovin it
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 09:50:11 am »
Who was this pilot group and how big was the map? Cause whenever a competent person plays as this hale, people just consider the round as being done due to the hales amount of ammo, damage, and ease of movement. I play medic but i dont see how ubering a good player will help with this boss cause most of the time, the boss just rocket jumps away and then back once the uber finishes. If the rockets could be shot down by bullets or he wasnt allowed to rocket jump then that would be one thing, but even for pyros, they can only airblast so fast and he has plenty of rockets to spare. It would seem to me that this boss was build around the idea of having an already built team with classes and jobs already dictated before the round begins. For the most part, the server has some regulars but most of the time its full of random people and even regulars dont always work together. Its not about getting good, it needs to have something done to help the players who cant be promlglookatmydamageimsosick. I get that his health and crit rockets are supposed to seem daunting but i have yet to see a decent player go below 75% for him. The mobility, hp, rocket integrity, or any combination of the above could be altered to give less experienced players a chance. And im sure we are not the only ones who would like to see this boss balanced a bit more.
You got wrecked, son!

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 10:08:34 am »
Who was this pilot group and how big was the map? Cause whenever a competent person plays as this hale, people just consider the round as being done due to the hales amount of ammo, damage, and ease of movement. I play medic but i dont see how ubering a good player will help with this boss cause most of the time, the boss just rocket jumps away and then back once the uber finishes. If the rockets could be shot down by bullets or he wasnt allowed to rocket jump then that would be one thing, but even for pyros, they can only airblast so fast and he has plenty of rockets to spare. It would seem to me that this boss was build around the idea of having an already built team with classes and jobs already dictated before the round begins. For the most part, the server has some regulars but most of the time its full of random people and even regulars dont always work together. Its not about getting good, it needs to have something done to help the players who cant be promlglookatmydamageimsosick. I get that his health and crit rockets are supposed to seem daunting but i have yet to see a decent player go below 75% for him. The mobility, hp, rocket integrity, or any combination of the above could be altered to give less experienced players a chance. And im sure we are not the only ones who would like to see this boss balanced a bit more.

I'm not even gonna say anything, Hammy just put down the opposition.

unless you wanna chat, have a go :-)

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 10:24:43 am »
You guys are going to be testing an alternate HP formula though where its reduced to only 75% of his max HP.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:34:46 am by SHADoW NiNE TR3S »

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 10:59:51 am »
Its fine. stop being a crybaby cube

• Venus Power
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 12:04:48 pm »
Its fine. stop being a crybaby cube

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 02:49:30 pm »
Per Koishi's recommendation, I've nerfed Major Crit's HP formula a little. Let me know if it's any more sane now, otherwise there's plenty of room for more nerfs.

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
I really need to organize my config folders lol....
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 04:01:20 pm »
Almost forgot, I changed his weapon stats back on Christmas Eve to use this attribute set, might want to update this line on his config:

Code: [Select]
"weapon1"
{
"name" "tf_weapon_rocketlauncher"
"index" "18"
"show" "1"
"attributes" "1 ; 0.03 ; 4 ; 7.5 ; 6 ; 0.2 ; 15 ; 1 ; 97 ; 0.4 ; 104 ; 0.4 ; 112 ; 9 ; 252 ; 0.4 ; 257 ; 0.1 ; 411 ; 5 ; 413 ; 1"
// 1: -97% Damage Penalty (to counterbalance FF2's auto 200%/210% damage bonus, to reduce the crit damage output)
// 4: +750% Clip Size (for the full 30 rocket clip)
// 6:+80% Reload Speed
// 15: No random critical hits
// 97: +60% Faster Reload Time
// 104: -60% Projectile speed
// 112: 900% ammo regen (Max ammo is 20 anyway)
// 252: -60% reduction in push force taken from damage
// 257: Extra +90% vertical airblast resistance
// 411: 5 degree random projectile deviation
// 413: Hold fire to load clip
}

Just be lucky it's not Campoman lol..Bobo knows what i'm talking about

EDIT 1 2 3 4 5 6: For those who cry unbeatable (and this is with the old HP formula)....

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:39:11 pm by SHADoW NiNE TR3S »