Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 97158 times)

Offline bombs

• happy trees
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 01:11:09 am »
Added the following maps back into rotation due to their high position on the map rankings:

jump_x
rick_roll_rocket
team_trial_final

I'd want to add back a couple of the non-traditional or old maps I removed before, namely cause I think the benefit of having them be in rotation outweighs how much people may dislike them. You can always RTV off of them or head over to JumpiT while a map is being played.

which ones you thinking about mr void

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 01:25:32 am »
which ones you thinking about mr void

I totally forgot! But pretty much anything I removed that people would like back in rotation.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 08:54:58 pm »
i talked about it with some people and there seems to be two ideas that people have. on one side you have every jump map ever including the old ones. on the other hand theres people who just want the 'good' maps

as you can see earlier in the thread and some of my other posts, i said i wanted you to take skyscraper off rotation. but i've thought about it, and i think it actually really sucks that we had to take it off.

the problem is that when it was in the rotation, there were a select group of people who would come on and only nominate the cp_skyscraper maps. as you're more than likely aware those maps are not only very easy and simple, and dont offer much variety as far as jump maps go. It wouldn't be an issue if people didn't just spam the first option when voting so often, but so many of them do that, just hit 1 without looking. so somebody comes on, nominates it, then everyone 1spams, and bam skyscraper. then he would nominate a different one and the same thing would happen.

i would say that if nothing gets changed, leave those maps off the rotation. but put some thought to it. what could we do about this? i would like to have the freedom of playing any map but the kids and trolls ruin it. we dont want the server to be hostile to new players but we shouldn't compromise too much for people. we already have the bungee stuff anyway and people abuse that as it is.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 12:56:16 am »
i talked about it with some people and there seems to be two ideas that people have. on one side you have every jump map ever including the old ones. on the other hand theres people who just want the 'good' maps

My position is that I'd rather have more maps on the server to appeal to as many people as possible. Nominations and RTV are there so the people on the server can choose what kind of maps they want, and vote away from the ones they don't feel like playing. The worst case scenario is that a player leaves because they don't like the map, and they instead go to jumpit until our server switches back to a better map. I find this acceptable and in fact, I'd encourage it.

as you can see earlier in the thread and some of my other posts, i said i wanted you to take skyscraper off rotation. but i've thought about it, and i think it actually really sucks that we had to take it off.

the problem is that when it was in the rotation, there were a select group of people who would come on and only nominate the cp_skyscraper maps. as you're more than likely aware those maps are not only very easy and simple, and dont offer much variety as far as jump maps go. It wouldn't be an issue if people didn't just spam the first option when voting so often, but so many of them do that, just hit 1 without looking. so somebody comes on, nominates it, then everyone 1spams, and bam skyscraper. then he would nominate a different one and the same thing would happen.

That's a problem we experience on our other servers too. Everyone just mashes the 1 key. I'm not sure what we can do about it, as the plugins that change the voting key have other limitations. There's a plugin that changes voting to use F1, F2, etc, but it's limited by having less maps up for votes, and it makes it impossible to extend maps.

i would say that if nothing gets changed, leave those maps off the rotation. but put some thought to it. what could we do about this? i would like to have the freedom of playing any map but the kids and trolls ruin it. we dont want the server to be hostile to new players but we shouldn't compromise too much for people. we already have the bungee stuff anyway and people abuse that as it is.

As I mentioned a little before, I'd like our server to be open to players of all skill levels, and I feel the best way to encourage that is to have maps for all skill levels.

I'll look into adding those maps back to the rotation.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 01:05:19 am »
maybe thats a good idea. i wont be on as much over the next few weeks as i continue workign on my map but yeah, you shuold add them back. i think it would be cool if you could put them at the end of the nominate list though.

i know several other people who think the maps should be back in too.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:06 am »
Added the following maps back to the rotation:
cp_skyscraper
cp_skyscraper2
cp_skyscraper3
cp_skyscraper4
cp_skyscraper5

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 12:15:40 am »
Removed jump_king from rotation due to the fact that players can't get past the 3rd jump.

Edit:
bshear was kind enough to fix up jump_king, so it's been added back to the rotation as jump_king_fixed.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:43:06 am by VoiDeD »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 01:06:21 am »
Added jump_legion_beta to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 06:36:35 am »
Added cp_bestinclass_v2 back to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 03:33:56 pm »
Removed jump_4starters_a5 and jump_soar_a3 from rotation, seeing how we have newer versions of those maps.

Edit: Added jump_soar_a3 back in, since the jumps differs quite a bit from a4 enough to keep it in.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:29:27 pm by VoiDeD »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 02:08:35 pm »
Updated jump_legion_beta to jump_legion_beta2.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 05:26:52 pm »
Reduced the timelimit on rick_roll_rocket to 15 minutes.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2012, 11:22:09 pm »
Reduced the timelimit on scout_jumper to 20 minutes.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 05:50:44 pm »
Added jump_dink_b2 to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 10:34:25 pm »
Added the following maps to rotation: jump_foundation_a1, conc_AandO_b1.

Updated jump_everest_a2 to jump_everest_a3.