Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 115342 times)

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 12:41:05 am »
I'd like to bring ph_manor back.
If you could send me the map and config, I'll go through and look at the props of the map and adjust the config accordingly.

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 10:22:35 am »
Maze, Farm Feud, Harvest, and Headquarters are all really small, carnage maps. A large number of players on that map is just kill kill kill, but when the server is low on people they can actually be really fun and make it to where BLU gets to search the entire map for props.

Exactly this, they're moreso meant for when fewer people are on the server. Removing them would also mean less options, and with no PH maps really being made anymore, well...

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 11:15:07 am »
+1 to LuveDragon and Hipster.

The problem with ph_manor is that the config was entirely wrong. The orignal cfg had props that could hide entirely through walls and/or the floor. The "correct" config, the one that FreeFrag used to use, is lost. I've bugged various people over there and nobody seems to be able to track it. If all the cfg needs is the correct props to select from, then I could sit down with -whoever- and create the list of the props that were used so as to prevent incorrect choices.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »
+1 to LuveDragon and Hipster.

The problem with ph_manor is that the config was entirely wrong. The orignal cfg had props that could hide entirely through walls and/or the floor. The "correct" config, the one that FreeFrag used to use, is lost. I've bugged various people over there and nobody seems to be able to track it. If all the cfg needs is the correct props to select from, then I could sit down with -whoever- and create the list of the props that were used so as to prevent incorrect choices.

That's what I was going to do for it, given the chance. It would be nice to have someone else there who also knows most of the props to help as well.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »
That's what I was going to do for it, given the chance. It would be nice to have someone else there who also knows most of the props to help as well.

I've uploaded our prophunt map configs here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99606/prophunt_configs.rar

This archive likely contains configs for other maps not in our rotation as well.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:04 pm »
I've uploaded our prophunt map configs here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99606/prophunt_configs.rar

This archive likely contains configs for other maps not in our rotation as well.

Thanks a ton, Voidy.
Would you also put ph_manor in a dropbox as well? I wasn't on the server when the map was released so I don't have it. ;~;

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 09:34:37 pm »
You can grab it from here.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 10:41:29 am »
Hip how do you wanna meet up to do this? Host a server?

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 12:24:32 pm »
Hip how do you wanna meet up to do this? Host a server?

Yea, I've been trying to get it set up again with Prophunt mod in.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 02:26:35 am »
I'd like to suggest ph_hanger18. It's made by the same person that made ph_cargo and ph_headquarters: combatfetus.

http://www.gamingmasters.org/attachments/ph_hanger18-rar.2625/

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2012, 11:59:22 am »
I think there was a reason Hanger wasn't being played by most servers. Also most of his maps always...an issue. Anyway nigga can't help you on Manor at the moment cuz my PC went 2 shit when replacing vid card and power supply...I can PM you a list of props to start tho.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2012, 04:32:54 pm »
Sounds cool, just PM some props and I'll look at em in the Model Viewer to see if the have any irregularities.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 09:59:49 pm »
Added the following maps to the rotation:

ph_trainset_a3
ph_kakariko_b1
ph_hanger18_b2

Offline mongolian-bbq

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 01:06:52 am »
Just got done playing the added maps and there are a few issues. One is that on train set the door from blu spawn closes a few seconds after the round starts, trapping those unfortunate enough not to have gotten out. On kakariko blu wasn't even locked in place and had been running around since the ten second timer began, while red was still stuck in their positions. Didn't have any problems with hanger, however.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2012, 01:29:18 am »
The issue on trainset will be looked into. Kakariko is fixed as of now.