Author Topic: Boomerang and Ghost glitches  (Read 4094 times)

Offline demonspork

• I AM A PANCAKE
Boomerang and Ghost glitches
« on: February 02, 2013, 06:58:31 pm »
I have 2 topics to bring up

1 is about dbs_boomerang. When you votenuke on dbs_boomerang to anything other than 100% nuke, there is a good chance than many players will have a client crash the moment a rocket is reflected. The perfect solution would be to isolate the crash and update the map, but in the meantime could we disable votenuke functionality on that map, people keep using votenuke ignoring the fact that many players (like me) usually can't play because the game just crashes and I have to just twiddle my thumbs for 15 minutes or go play somewhere else.

2 is about the ghosts. I understand the donors having the ability to go "boo" with their ghosts, but there is a flaw that is getting really aggravating. Any equipment a donor is wearing stays floating in mid-air, which very much gets in the way of trying to see what is going on. If that could be looked into and fixed soon that would be splendid, in the meantime can the ghost "boo" ability be killed off until it is resolved.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Boomerang and Ghost glitches
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:02:39 pm »
1 is about dbs_boomerang. When you votenuke on dbs_boomerang to anything other than 100% nuke, there is a good chance than many players will have a client crash the moment a rocket is reflected. The perfect solution would be to isolate the crash and update the map, but in the meantime could we disable votenuke functionality on that map, people keep using votenuke ignoring the fact that many players (like me) usually can't play because the game just crashes and I have to just twiddle my thumbs for 15 minutes or go play somewhere else.

Disabling votenuke on boomerang has been on my todolist for a while. There's nothing that can be done by us about the client crashes. It has to do with how the rockets are set to an unassigned team, and reflecting them does bad things on the client.

2 is about the ghosts. I understand the donors having the ability to go "boo" with their ghosts, but there is a flaw that is getting really aggravating. Any equipment a donor is wearing stays floating in mid-air, which very much gets in the way of trying to see what is going on. If that could be looked into and fixed soon that would be splendid, in the meantime can the ghost "boo" ability be killed off until it is resolved.

I'll look into what I can do about this.