Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 128891 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #285 on: September 25, 2014, 09:22:16 pm »
Added ph_spooky_switcheroo_rc2e to the rotation.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
ph_grasslands_v1
« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2014, 01:57:24 am »
I made the newest version of cp_grassland into prophunt! So no more dev textures!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/74jehj55o2nyt8u/ph_grassland_v1_.rar?dl=0
There's probably less props in this one though. I will add more props and hiding spots for the next version.
This is also the first prophunt map to contain 3cp's!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:33:41 pm by 111112oo »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2014, 08:18:22 pm »
Updated ph_haunt_b2 to ph_haunt_b3.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #288 on: October 02, 2014, 04:20:55 am »
I have updated ph_grassland
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmycy3ifydh781h/ph_grassland_v2.rar?dl=0
CHANGELOG: More spots, more props.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #289 on: October 03, 2014, 07:21:33 pm »
Updated ph_haunt_b3 to ph_haunt_b4.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #290 on: October 04, 2014, 07:01:30 pm »
Updated ph_haunt_b4 to ph_haunt_b5.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #291 on: October 07, 2014, 06:23:06 pm »
Updated ph_haunt_b5 to ph_haunt_b6.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #292 on: October 10, 2014, 10:09:00 pm »
Ok so I have finally got around to making a few changes to this map which take it to V1, I've added props, new passage ways and removed a music button to reduce file size. Pulsing lighting has also been removed in an attempt to improve frame-rate.

The config has also changed to V1!

You can find both here;

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fhj2y7tbysiui31/AABqHWfeQlCpgvNjO905Bg35a

PLEASE, fix the leaks, it makes the lighting much worse. If you don't know how to locate leaks, follow these steps: In Hammer, click the map button, and click load pointfile AFTER compiling, click yes. A red line will appear. That's a leak, compile again, repeat, if a file browser comes up, there are no leaks.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2014, 03:33:22 pm »
Added ph_grassland_v2 to the rotation. We're giving this map a trial run to see how it plays compared to the previous version.

Offline Killingyouguy!!

• AKA: Master Shake
« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2014, 12:20:05 am »
I like the feel of the new grassland map, and I was informed that the satellite will move back down (as well as the damn beer bottle prop being removed). However, I think that the 2 extra control points are skewing the favor towards the props too much. Perhaps put a larger med pack in those areas? Also no music button?? Or is it just in a different area?

Edit: I also don't think that the original grassland should be removed. It simply has too much nostalgic value to a large amount of the player base. Well at least the older player base. It really wasn't in need of such a drastic change.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:19:31 am by Killingyouguy!! »

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #295 on: October 18, 2014, 02:38:23 am »
I like the feel of the new grassland map, and I was informed that the satellite will move back down (as well as the damn beer bottle prop being removed). However, I think that the 2 extra control points are skewing the favor towards the props too much. Perhaps put a larger med pack in those areas? Also no music button?? Or is it just in a different area?

Edit: I also don't think that the original grassland should be removed. It simply has too much nostalgic value to a large amount of the player base. Well at least the older player base. It really wasn't in need of such a drastic change.

I have not seen any abuse or problem with the 3cps, they will stay until a problem with them becomes present. There are no music buttons, I find them annoying, listen to your own music.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #296 on: October 18, 2014, 10:02:34 am »
I have not seen any abuse or problem with the 3cps, they will stay until a problem with them becomes present. There are no music buttons, I find them annoying, listen to your own music.

3 CPs severely unbalance the entire map. Prophunt was made (and has ran perfectly fine) with just one CP on all maps.

The grassland before was just fine, we loved it.

If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

Offline Killingyouguy!!

• AKA: Master Shake
« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2014, 10:58:55 am »

"I find them annoying" and this should matter why? You are making a map for the community, not for yourself. Everyone liked the zelda music. Sure some people didn't but they had the option to just snd_restart and it would stop the music. What gives you the authority to just come here and change this? You have 21 hours logged in prophunt; not enough to justify coming in and changing a map that was perfectly fine as well as trying to change the balance of PH. If you want to make this change you need to work with us rather than be stubborn. Even still I don't think grassland_a1 should be removed. As glaceon said: why fix it if it isn't broke.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2014, 05:34:11 pm »
"I find them annoying" and this should matter why? You are making a map for the community, not for yourself. Everyone liked the zelda music. Sure some people didn't but they had the option to just snd_restart and it would stop the music. What gives you the authority to just come here and change this? You have 21 hours logged in prophunt; not enough to justify coming in and changing a map that was perfectly fine as well as trying to change the balance of PH. If you want to make this change you need to work with us rather than be stubborn. Even still I don't think grassland_a1 should be removed. As glaceon said: why fix it if it isn't broke.
I didn't remove the zelda music, but I didn't add it. My map is not an edit of ph_grassland, it is a re conversion of cp_grassland to ph. The reason I left in 3cp's was because I wanted to try something different from all the other prophunt maps that I thought would work well, I don't see why I'm not allowed to do this, include a thing thats's different from the original. ALSO I HAVENT SEEN THE 3 CPS ABUSED SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM, i'll be fine with those complaints if they are able to abuse it and have been abused, but that hasn't happened yet. EDIT: there will be 2 music buttons, but I'm entirely unsure on what to make them play, a 4min song? 3mins? The zelda song + another? I don't know. Also these music buttons will be harder to activate.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:55:49 pm by 111112oo »

Offline rryli

• Suck my dick
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2014, 06:14:42 pm »
EDIT: there will be 2 music buttons, but I'm entirely unsure on what to make them play, a 4min song? 3mins? The zelda song + another? I don't know. Also these music buttons will be harder to activate.

What do you mean "harder to activate"