Author Topic: Spectator  (Read 9671 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Spectator
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55:12 am »
Or people just want spectator open so they can stay on one team easily.

For example, you're on blue and the round is about to end. Blu has 11 and Red has 12.
You want to be on blue again, so before the round ends you go to spectate.
The game then sees 10 on 12 and auto balances teams to 11 on 11.
This frees up a spot on blue so you can switch back to it from spectate and hunt again.
I personally prefer the Hunted but ok...

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 03:03:09 pm »
Or people just want spectator open so they can stay on one team easily.

For example, you're on blue and the round is about to end. Blu has 11 and Red has 12.
You want to be on blue again, so before the round ends you go to spectate.
The game then sees 10 on 12 and auto balances teams to 11 on 11.
This frees up a spot on blue so you can switch back to it from spectate and hunt again.

I can still do that by rejoining the server right before the round ends. What I currently can't do is sit in the server without playing and still be able to interact with people. This, as well as take breaks for things like food, phone call, bathroom, etc, is what I currently can't do.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 07:38:03 pm »
As far as team switching, its just obsessive/retarded people who wanna bump their stats by constantly getting kill points. For spectating, how about an auto kick after a few minutes? I've seen this/been victim to this before, and seems to battle the genuine "I gotta take a shit" players versus ghosters and other fags.

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 09:03:12 pm »
Having spectator open seems like it would encourage afking and wasting server slots.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 09:15:04 pm »
Having spectator open seems like it would encourage afking and wasting server slots.

Having it closed seems to encourage admins afking and wasting server slots. If you really don't want random people afking change it to how it was where the "jointeam 2" command was blocked but all the other console commands were open.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 09:46:04 pm »
Having it closed seems to encourage admins afking and wasting server slots. If you really don't want random people afking change it to how it was where the "jointeam 2" command was blocked but all the other console commands were open.

We've already covered that admins shouldn't be going afk. Removing that, there does not seem to be any benefit to having a spectator slot open. If you need to go afk to answer a phone call, you should leave the server.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »
As I said, a few minutes of inactivity as spec and then a boot. That'll free up your slots, sluts.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 03:28:12 pm »
I personally don't see the overriding problem within the current system of not having spec open? If server slots are taken up with afks, meh, it's not the end of the world.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind here.

But seriously though, I think spectate open would provide a heck of alot of room for exploitation as people have already mentioned with regards to score boosting etc. It's less than a minor inconvenience atm, 20 secs rejoining the game is NOT a big deal. If you have to go do something really quick, what does it matter, go do it and come back, usually afks are only afk for a short time before they leave or come back anyway.

Personally, i think spec should remain locked.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 05:02:05 pm »
I personally don't see the overriding problem within the current system of not having spec open? If server slots are taken up with afks, meh, it's not the end of the world.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind here.

But seriously though, I think spectate open would provide a heck of alot of room for exploitation as people have already mentioned with regards to score boosting etc. It's less than a minor inconvenience atm, 20 secs rejoining the game is NOT a big deal. If you have to go do something really quick, what does it matter, go do it and come back, usually afks are only afk for a short time before they leave or come back anyway.

Personally, i think spec should remain locked.

Agreed. People can private message each other through Steam and tell what props are where. If that happens, it can cause uncertainty with who's not cheating. Another thing is that you're afk. Away from keyboard does not mean idle. If you want to idle, go to our trade server. It's not our problem that you have to take a call or do something else.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 08:16:12 am »
I left the server to get cereal and when I got back it was 31/30 for about an hour :-(
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)