Author Topic: Powercore trade map: Entering enemy spawn exploit  (Read 5447 times)

Offline dogheadfish

Re: Powercore trade map: Entering enemy spawn exploit
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 08:52:48 am »
Hi, I'm the map creator, are they coming through the windows upstairs, or cliping through the wall, and does the server sell noclip? I am working on version b6 which will address bugs and tweaks.

I made the windoes small, but maybe they are squizing through, I'll add no entries to those windows, but if you saw them glitching through a wall, can you tell or show me exactly where they came through.

Thanks
A.K.A. compfast

Offline dogheadfish

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:09:34 am »
I found the problem and fixed it , they were putting a teleport, under the no_entry entity, on the upstairs door, it was 1 unit off of the floor, so the blueprint would slide under it ( or they were falling off of the roof and droping  the teleporter blueprint in the window as they fell),, . Both issues will  be fixed in version b6, coming out in few days.

Thanks for the bug report

Edited ^^
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 10:34:53 am by dogheadfish »
A.K.A. compfast

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 03:15:51 pm »
Sweet, glad to hear it. We'll definitely be upgrading to b6 when it's out.

As for noclip, we don't provide that to our players for this exact reason. We do, however, allow our donators to resize themselves to 50% of their normal size, so perhaps they could also fitting through small openings.

Offline Vaustick

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 04:36:07 pm »
At first i thought there is a teleporter somewhere but i couldn't find it ( i even switched teams and looked if it is in the other spawnroom somewhere...)
I watched them for a while and VoiDeD is right.
The donators just use the Resize command ;)

Offline dogheadfish

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 11:19:11 pm »
ok, that makes sense..................thanks for the info, the resize is what they we're doing , they came in through the window ( while small )  because it did not have a no entry brush, that is now fixed. ( I forgot about resizing on some servers ).

I have also opened up the garages on both sides of the map,  and added an admin office. And various other fixes, and tweaks.

Thanks again guys

.......... and thanks for running the map :)
A.K.A. compfast

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 12:04:49 am »
ok, that makes sense..................thanks for the info, the resize is what they we're doing , they came in through the window ( while small )  because it did not have a no entry brush, that is now fixed. ( I forgot about resizing on some servers ).

I have also opened up the garages on both sides of the map,  and added an admin office. And various other fixes, and tweaks.

Thanks again guys

.......... and thanks for running the map :)
No problem mate. I'm always happy to see a new trade map added to this server (hence my 20+ map suggestions on the thread :P)

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline dogheadfish

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 12:08:22 pm »
:)
A.K.A. compfast

Offline dogheadfish

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 07:51:05 am »
I also fixed the lag issues some people were having, and version b6 is almost ready.
A.K.A. compfast

Offline Vaustick

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »
sorry for digging out this old topic but hey... look who decied to resize glitch into the enemy spawn...

oh and of course

any solution for that? except removing resize... i mean this is only possible on this map i guess...

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 11:14:46 pm »
I've tweaked the resize plugin to account for correct player hull sizes now. Should prevent people clipping through walls.

Offline dogheadfish

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 01:58:11 pm »
hi, did the server side fix, take care of it, or  do i need to do something? also, version b9 is out, not sure what version your running.

download here, if needed: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/178797
A.K.A. compfast

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 03:16:07 pm »
hi, did the server side fix, take care of it, or  do i need to do something? also, version b9 is out, not sure what version your running.

download here, if needed: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/178797

Don't worry, the resize glitch is now fixed as the plugin now detects if someone is near a ceiling and will no longer resize them if they are. Anyways, we are currently running trade_power_core_b9.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline dogheadfish

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 10:11:46 pm »
cool, Thanks :)
A.K.A. compfast