Poll

Should they?

Yes they should, as they take up way too much time for one person and they get annoying when a lot of people have fanfics to spam.
No they shouldn't, as they give a little break in between music to share a story.
I don't really care if it gets banned or not.

Author Topic: Should fanfics be banned from being micspammed?  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Should fanfics be banned from being micspammed?
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:11:02 am »
So what do you guys think should happen to fanfics/stories being micspammed? Examples of stories being "Shrek is love, shrek is life", "Penis Fly Trap", etc. I personally think they're a waste of time and take too long to get over with. Also when there's another spammer, a fanfic takes up a lot of time (~10 min minimum) and stops the other spammer from micspamming.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:05:30 pm by Punishment_Fatal »

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Should fanfics be banned from being micspammed?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:02:36 pm »
Just bumping this when there's more traffic.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Calcium

• apsolubely ebin :DDDD
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:37 am »
Honestly I personally don't have a problem with fanfics/stories as long as it's not over spammed or contains ear rape, but that's just me. I think a good rule of thumb (I say rule of thumb because it's more of a polite thing to do rather than a requirement of the current rules) for all mic spammers who want to play a fanfic/funny story/etc. is that if the audio clip is longer than most of the songs being played by others at the time, that you probably shouldn't start playback without asking the other mic spammers first if you can use the mic for an extended amount of time. As far as the official rules go, stories are a grey area (one of the rules for Trade Hell is that mic spam is for music only, although I believe that this is more aimed at people who spam ear rape). It might be worth noting that I have yet to see an admin step in when someone plays a reading of "Shrek is love" or similar.

That's my two cents.

Offline Actavius_Simmons

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:05:38 am »
I don't really care for mic spamming in the first place and it's that some people want to be more efficent with their trades by using their microphones to do so and well.....fanfics kinda make it impossible to do voice chat trading. So I hope they do get banned.

Offline Michelle Johnson

• It's Muh-Shell.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:24:08 pm »
I'm okay with it, as long as it isn't too disgusting. Except, I don't want to have the ones people micspam ALL THE TIME. IE, That one Adventure Time Fanfic, and all the ones by that guy, Penis Fly Trap, Toaster, etc.

Offline thekillerzombie

• A funny french Canadien dude, come and have fun!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 11:42:40 pm »
No, they are funny but if it come to a really dark side I think.
Yes i'm french so? Still a kind dude [I'm on the trade server since 2013-6-27 I guess]