Author Topic: Miscellaneous Suggestions  (Read 9321 times)

Offline Marshii

Miscellaneous Suggestions
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:28:24 am »
So maybe we should have a thread for suggestions not relating to weapons/props/maps.

Good place to start might be those relating to the end of the round e.g. which teams can kill, which teams can't etc.
[@Box, my passing comment that everyone die in Blue team if they fail to find all props] as an example.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
Re: Miscellaneous Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:13:07 am »
after round end, everyone should be put in humiliation mode instead of red getting guns
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:18:57 am »
RED doesn't get guns at round end.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »
I believe he's referring to the surviving single prop keeping their gun after the round end.

Offline Cant think of a name

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »
I'm not sure how well this would work, but how about giving RED team their loadout until the round starts?
BLU team could be given godmode until round starts to prevent RED from just rushing in and killing everybody.
It would open up new spots to hide using FaN/Atomizer, as well as encourage more varieties of loadouts other than the usual Scattergun/Mad Milk/Candy Cane.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 03:06:53 pm »
I think pretty much all maps are in a place where you can get to 99% of useful / possible spots with only 2 jumps, the exception being the glitches in the map making itself e.g. the sky shelves in goldtooth / switcheroo / Basalt / Northural.

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 03:49:19 am »
I'm not sure how well this would work, but how about giving RED team their loadout until the round starts?
BLU team could be given godmode until round starts to prevent RED from just rushing in and killing everybody.
It would open up new spots to hide using FaN/Atomizer, as well as encourage more varieties of loadouts other than the usual Scattergun/Mad Milk/Candy Cane.
this would break prophunt
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Cant think of a name

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »
this would break prophunt
But what about running around the map with your pan before the round starts? :(

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 05:15:25 pm »
Pointless.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 03:08:19 pm »
How difficult would it be to make self-damage suicides get the "finished off" treatment of a regular suicide if the last prop recently damaged them?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 12:20:21 am »
I think that would be a pretty significant change away from the behavior most prophunt players would expect.

Offline Chikiro

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 12:41:30 am »
I think that would be a pretty significant change away from the behavior most prophunt players would expect.
a significant, but well wanted change.  It is one of the most frustrating things ever to deal 90+% of the damage to someone, and they end up firing and killing themselves, giving you absolutely no credit.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 10:03:39 am »
Yeah, literally every time it happens the person who was last prop complains about not getting the credit, as usually they needed that kill to survive.

Another change I'm almost sure is at least near impossible to make happen is someone from BLU switching to RED when there's one prop left repeating the "one and only" effect. Only way I could see fixing it is to... not allow team switching. Then again, I know nothing about coding and whatnot. >_>
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:07:53 am by BLAKUboy »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 03:29:32 pm »
Another change I'm almost sure is at least near impossible to make happen is someone from BLU switching to RED when there's one prop left repeating the "one and only" effect. Only way I could see fixing it is to... not allow team switching. Then again, I know nothing about coding and whatnot. >_>

I've made it so it only performs the last prop logic (playing the sound, applying jarate) once.

This has actually been on my todolist for a while, but I also figured it'd be an involved process to fix it. Turns out, it was pretty damn easy.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »
Huh, cool. Thank you based Voidy.