Author Topic: Fix !psave; sorted nomination list?  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Storb

Fix !psave; sorted nomination list?
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:37:05 pm »
For a few weeks now, permanent saving has been broken on Jump Hell. !psaving will save my position on a map, but will not remember it through map changes, reconnects, or future server connections. Any possible way for it to be fixed?

Additionally, is there any way to implement a sorted list of maps when nominating (i.e. Soldier Maps, Demoman Maps, Conc/Scout Maps, which when selected will display a list of maps for those classes)?

EDIT: Correction--permanent saves are actually recognized by the server upon connecting to a map previously played and saved (server has loaded save message appears). However, the save is not functional, and will not automatically teleport you upon spawn nor if you manually try to load the save using !t.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:57:13 pm by Storb »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Fix !psave; sorted nomination list?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:22:27 am »
For a few weeks now, permanent saving has been broken on Jump Hell. !psaving will save my position on a map, but will not remember it through map changes, reconnects, or future server connections. Any possible way for it to be fixed?

EDIT: Correction--permanent saves are actually recognized by the server upon connecting to a map previously played and saved (server has loaded save message appears). However, the save is not functional, and will not automatically teleport you upon spawn nor if you manually try to load the save using !t.
That's odd, I jumped (pun possibly intended) on the server and it seems to be working correctly. I also asked around and no one else reported any issues with it.

It should be noted that saves are per-map-per-team, so if you saved on red you wouldn't be able to tele to that location on blu.

Also the psave feature isn't designed to teleport you upon spawn, you have to manually teleport with !ptele. I can probably update the "save has been loaded" message to make this more clear.

Additionally, is there any way to implement a sorted list of maps when nominating (i.e. Soldier Maps, Demoman Maps, Conc/Scout Maps, which when selected will display a list of maps for those classes)?
This one is a little difficult, as not every map we run in rotation has a recommended class/type associated with it. In particular, the maps where we don't have JM enabled are like this. This would need to be overcome before the nominations plugin can be modified.

There's also some ambiguity here where some maps can be grouped into a "multiclass" category. For instance, we have "conc_aggregate", and it's recommended class is "Conc / Soldier / Demoman", so it would end up being grouped into a category by itself.

I think the proper solution would be to split any maps that have multiple categories so that they display in all of them. eg: conc_aggregate would display in the list for "Conc maps", "Soldier maps" "Demoman maps", etc.