Author Topic: Admin Applications Now Open!  (Read 39201 times)

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
Re: Admin Applications Now Open!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 10:07:03 pm »
I've checked my calendar, and I'm fairly convinced that enough days have passed since April 1st to make this announcement: we are now accepting admin applications!

Previously, our application process had been fairly simple: we'd observe players and hand pick the individuals we felt that may make good candidates. This time around, however, we're going to be running an experiment. We want you to tell us why you'd make a good admin through our application form.

If you've always dreamed of being a resident rule enforcer here at Saxton Hell, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for.

So how do you apply? Firstly, find some free time. The application process is lengthy and we're looking for detailed responses to the questions in the form. Next, simply visit the application form and follow the instructions carefully.

We'll be reviewing responses to the form and if we feel you're a good enough candidate for being an admin, we'll get in touch with you. What can explicitly disqualify you from becoming an admin? Only one thing: asking about your submitted application.

With all that in mind, best of luck to the applicants!

The last time I saw something like this... It was an April fools joke if I can recall correctly. Just thought I'd say that before anything else. (Yes I did look at the date this post was made)

I read BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo's first comment. If this isn't fake then I would like to ask that maybe you /should/ restrict new admins to specific servers since they are fairly more comfortable and familiar with the specific server rules. You might apply an admin who would make a fair deal with the enforcement of the rules in lets say prop. hunt and would make a harsh mistake judging one on a deathrun server since they don't know much about it. Ofcourse (like always) I am only being suggestive.

Bottom line is that an admin should represent one game mode on probation before being given the global sever moderation ability.
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Baysick

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 05:48:36 pm »
You join the server and everything is perfectly fine. What is the correct course of action?

I can see that this question is asked in the perspective on an administrator. I don't see that this is actually a question or that the question is much to vague. Let me see what you where really trying to ask.

Example: A player has called you to deal with a problem regarding a microphone spammer. You join the server and everything is perfectly fine. What is the correct course of action?

I believe that is what you are asking for. To handle a situation regarding an alert and no issue is detected.

I would also like to ask if you could put a section for any additional questions/comments/concerns regarding administration in addition to the administration forum application review (very last question on the forum).
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Novaxzx

• It's a Feature™
  • Full Admin
  • YOU'VE DINKLED MY BERRIES!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 06:29:39 pm »
You join the server and everything is perfectly fine. What is the correct course of action?

I can see that this question is asked in the perspective on an administrator. I don't see that this is actually a question or that the question is much to vague. Let me see what you where really trying to ask.

Example: A player has called you to deal with a problem regarding a microphone spammer. You join the server and everything is perfectly fine. What is the correct course of action?

I believe that is what you are asking for. To handle a situation regarding an alert and no issue is detected.

I would also like to ask if you could put a section for any additional questions/comments/concerns regarding administration in addition to the administration forum application review (very last question on the forum).
That you would just wait and see if they start up again, whoever the accused is. If you get complaints about said user, give them a warning or something.
Berry Dinkler.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 01:04:04 pm »

Nope, we're looking for responses to that question as posed.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 06:57:56 pm »
im sure we need more admins due to the fact we are expanding and half the admins cant get into the servers,also ff2 gets a lot of people who infact break almost half the rules and say they never do(besides all the fights that go on in the server)

Offline Novaxzx

• It's a Feature™
  • Full Admin
  • YOU'VE DINKLED MY BERRIES!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 08:42:28 pm »
im sure we need more admins due to the fact we are expanding and half the admins cant get into the servers,also ff2 gets a lot of people who infact break almost half the rules and say they never do(besides all the fights that go on in the server)
Admins have reserved slots unless that changed... but yeah, we do need more admins dedicated to a single server.
Berry Dinkler.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 03:02:56 am »
Admins have reserved slots unless that changed... but yeah, we do need more admins dedicated to a single server.
Do remember though that Voidy said earlier in the thread that he wasn't thinking about having server-specific admins, but he would think about it.
Having more server specific admins is a possibility. I'd prefer applications from people who wouldn't mind leaving the comfort zone of their usual server to deal with any potential issues that may happen on other servers, but we likely wouldn't exclude any ideal candidate who is dedicated to just a specific server.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Turkle

• Full Admin
  • Video games suck
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 06:40:13 pm »
There's no real cause to have an admin dedicated to a single server. If people actually report things, admins can be in and out of servers without a problem.

Prophunt seems to be an exception because every idiot attempts to give out other people's location.

Offline Momiji

• It's the kind black men's fault
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 02:04:23 am »
There's no real cause to have an admin dedicated to a single server. If people actually report things, admins can be in and out of servers without a problem.

Prophunt seems to be an exception because every idiot attempts to give out other people's location.

>mfw 3 jump hell admins
>mfw jump hell admins

Offline Turkle

• Full Admin
  • Video games suck
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 02:37:10 am »
Do you have a face?

I don't even know the last time 2 of those admins were even online on steam.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 05:31:42 pm »
>mfw 3 jump hell admins
>mfw jump hell admins
To be fair, most have been offline for who knows how long.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 06:43:40 pm »
I hate video games

Offline Baysick

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 06:54:09 pm »
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 09:07:00 pm »
Things I liked: The application was professional, well worded, and easy to access. The questions required thought outside of just "insert generic I can do this and that" format, and will hopefully help to distinguish those who want the position, and those who want the prestige and the attention. I feel that with this form the admins you choose will be mature and responsible, and will be able to meet your demands.

Things I disliked: Some of the questions made it feel like you were being penalized for answering it a certain way, everyone has a personality, and that personality may not be extroverted and wanting to chat all the time, or being overly social. From a professional standpoint communication is important, but introverted individuals may not be inclined to be as chat ready. If these questions were designed to weed out people, then this is a mute point.

Just felt like sharing these things publicly.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline Baysick

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 10:01:42 pm »
and will hopefully help to distinguish those who want the position, and those who want the prestige and the attention.

Yeah we may get some badmins... Not like we already have some of those.
*cough*ᵂᶦᶰᵈʸ*cough*
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3