Author Topic: Exploits  (Read 2735 times)

Offline elsoqo

Exploits
« on: October 11, 2015, 11:04:08 am »
Player: [OPST]The awesome YOLO
Steam ID/Profile:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/AsomeYOLO

What he be doing:  On ZF server - ZF Space Mission map, uses base jumper to go out of bounds making it almost impossible to get to him.  He also does this while grabbing the intel, making it impossible for other players to do the objective.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Exploits
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 03:28:18 pm »
I think the better approach here would be to fix the underlying issue. How are players getting to the bottom of the map? There's a hurt trigger that covers essentially the entire area under the map.

Offline elsoqo

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 05:35:42 pm »
It's not the very bottom.  Let's say you're in survivor spawn facing where zombies come from on the map.  You cross the bridge, it's possible to rocket jump / sticky jump up and over the wall that is then on your left, use the base jumper and float down onto some kind of (invisible?) spot down there before the kill zone, above the asteroid looking object. 

It'd be one thing if he was just doing that, I wouldn't care too much and I do agree the underlying issue resolution would be the best approach.  However, he knew what he was doing when he grabbed the intel before doing this, and despite warnings from other players he continued to make the objective unreachable for survivors, and continued to exploit this situation in the map, so I still believe it calls for punishment.  If he didn't touch the intel at all, I wouldn't call for punishment.   
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:37:29 pm by elsoqo »

Offline The Awesome Yolo

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 05:42:42 pm »
 >:(Heres the thing, the explot has already been done and it was my first time doing it. Its not like im going to do it all the time

Offline elsoqo

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 05:45:07 pm »
You did it several times within the map, despite what other players told you.  And you kept taking the intel each time, making the objective impossible for survivors.  You knew what you were doing and kept doing it.  Be a man and accept responsibility, instead of making poor excuses.

Offline The Awesome Yolo

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 05:47:25 pm »
Its only 1 fucking map rotation time >:(