Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 103616 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2014, 08:50:28 pm »
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/179038 Updated version of trade_minecraft_realms

:|
Also, credit is now on the HUD because apparently, people aren't respectful to the makers of the map and simply delete the credit board. That's not nice, seriously (-_-;)
Like I give a shit. Destroyed that overlay immediately.

Updated trade_minecraft_realms_v2 to trade_minecraft_realms_final.
Added trade_plaza_ox3_b4_fixed to the rotation.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2014, 09:12:56 pm »

Like I give a shit. Destroyed that overlay immediately.

Thanks for that. It was bugging me too when I installed the map, and I didn't think there was a way to remove it, so that's why I was a bit reluctant.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2014, 02:09:14 am »
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/179381 Coming in as a new suggestion is trade_sunset_saloon_r2_2, which I must say is a pretty good looking map. The map itself isn't that big in size, but it's a very tall and lovely map, having beautiful textures to show every part of the map clearly. Anyways, back to the actual gameplay mechanics. There are 3 spawndoors for each team so it's pretty hard to get spawncamped all the time, and the spawnrooms are rather big. The main house is rather big, but has multiple rooms for leisure (and possibly fighting). With 3 paths, you got the normal out-of-spawn door, an underground path that can lead to more fighting as the spawnrooms are rather close, and a side path on each side that leads out to the main area. Overall, I'd say this map is pretty good.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2014, 01:35:58 am »
Added trade_sunset_saloon_r2_2 to the rotation.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2014, 08:51:55 pm »
http://www.tfmaps.com/details.php?file=1145 - Trade_Space_v1. While the size does concern me, it's a very open map with a boxing ring and spycrab arena (not like we need a spycrab place) seperated and accessible from spawn, so no killing will happen in the process. The main highlight of this map though is outside, which is space in its entirety. There's asteroids, and asteroids, a random space gas station for each team so you can resupply there, and more asteroids. The skybox on that map is almost non-existent as the highest asteroid takes around 2-3 rockets on low grav in order to actually get there. Anyways, it's a pretty fun map to mess around in.

http://www.tfmaps.com/details.php?file=891 - Trade_Skyte_a3. A pretty cubed map which is very open (seems to be the theme with these 2 maps). Anyways, each main section has a little map that tells you where you are so you don't get lost, and there's multiple paths to get out of spawn so you're not always stuck. There is little open spots in between each base so people can have Sniper battles (although I don't know if a Sniper bullet can actually reach that far).

From that, I would also like to add some maps that I feel need to retire from our server:

pkmn_saffroncity: While it lived a good and long run, most of the server doesn't like it anymore as the map is rather small and the bright colors hurts everyone's eyes.

trade_castlesiege: Most of the server doesn't care to nominate this map and it's rarely played.

trade_entertainment: Most people, when this map is played, rtv immediately or shortly after it's nominated because they don't like getting spawncamped and the map itself is small.

trade_minecraft_b42: While it is one of our oldest maps, it's rarely nominated anymore, and we seem to have a surplus of minecraft maps now. Speaking of minecraft maps...

trade_meincraft_shtupid: A rather small map with wonky physics and not much space to move around, most people hesistate to stay on the server. Also, most people are starting to get tired of Minecraft maps.

trade_patrol: No fighting = no fun from what I've seen. Most people immediately rtv because they can't fight.

trade_plaza: Another one of our older maps, a lot of the maps we currently have already incorporate this map into their map, so having the template seems a bit unnecessary, as this map also doesn't have resupply lockers so everyone relies on dispensers.

...And that should be about it for now. Thanks for the consideration.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2014, 03:16:49 am »
pkmn_saffroncity: No
trade_meincraft_shtupid: Yes
trade_plaza: Yes
I can't comment on the rest as I haven't played them

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2014, 03:01:05 pm »
I can't comment on the rest as I haven't played them
Why not saffroncity though? Most of the people on the server hate it for it's bright colors and also it's easily spawn campable unlike the other maps I've suggested be removed.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »
Added the following maps to the rotation:

trade_skyte_a3
trade_space_v1

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2014, 06:16:02 pm »
http://downloads.stsv.tf/maps/pkmn_goldenrodcity_b3_sfix.bsp.bz2

Goldenrod city with a compressed filesize.
Reduces the maps music files from 55mb to 17mb.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:18:06 pm by 111112oo »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »
Updated pkmn_goldenrodcity_b3 to pkmn_goldenrodcity_b3_sfix.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2014, 09:19:22 pm »
So with the maps I suggested be removed, should I get more opinions and votes to come on the forums and also say they want it removed or what?

Offline 111112oo

• Donator

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2014, 03:55:37 pm »

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2014, 07:06:26 pm »

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2014, 05:55:45 pm »
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/180057

To elaborate what the map is about, it's a map themed after well, Portal. It has a main central area where most of the fighting goes on (and it takes up about 70% of the map) and it has seperate little areas where you can spycrab (not necessarily needed) and go into a padded room(?).