Author Topic: Anyone else annoyed by the Whipping in the deathrun servers and dieing so much?  (Read 4053 times)

Offline Rocketman909

Im just new to this forum stuff and it seems im getting annoyed by soldiers whipping me and i fall really fast and die at the first trap of dr_mario and other maps. I see alot of people complain alot about this and im not whining or anything but i think the whip needs to be removed even tho the soldiers need it for speed boost :(.

If anyone else is annoyed by the whips post here!

Thanks,
Rocketman909

Offline Luvedragon

• Full Admin
This has been discussed numerous times. Feel free to read the two topics I've linked below, but the general idea is that you should know how to control your character in such situations. If someone is intentionally trolling with the whip, such as staying at one area and whipping everyone every single round, then record a demo and send that along with the offending user's steam ID.

forums.saxtonhell.com/index.php?topic=873.0
forums.saxtonhell.com/index.php?topic=677.0

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
This again?

Like Luv said, learn to control your movements. Voided (the owner of the servers) has himself said that he will not be removing pushing from death run as that would make it easier for the runners. Hale's job is hard enough as it is, people that get pushed off because of lack of control just make Hale's life easier.

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
he will not be removing pushing
you didn't even read the title did you

Offline Ultras

• " I Like Trains " - I Like Trains Kid
Isn't whipping griefing?
Why are you reading this?

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
Isn't whipping griefing?
Only if they are staying in one spot trying to get people to fall off. Taking a demo and posting it here with a steam id will probably get them banned for a week if it is seen as actual griefing and not just trying to help people jump farther.

you didn't even read the title did you
I did, then my brain derped. For some reason I thought this was another pushing thread.

The whip is the one reason to use the soldier over any other class. I see no reason to take this away.

Offline Rocketman909

Usually people stand in 1 spot and whip and whip and whip and lots of people die. I think they should find an plugin to where if you stand still with  it with in 5 seconds of the 2 feet your at it will remove it until you move away from the 2 feet. and further.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Usually people stand in 1 spot and whip and whip and whip and lots of people die. I think they should find an plugin to where if you stand still with  it with in 5 seconds of the 2 feet your at it will remove it until you move away from the 2 feet. and further.
thats because people suck at jumping and the soldier is helping them get across a trap and no the plugin sounds complete garbarge

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
Um... What?

That sounds needlessly complicated. It'd be simpler to learn to control your jumps.

• Venus Power
Um... What?

That sounds needlessly complicated. It'd be simpler to learn to control your jumps.
dude retards complain about every single weapon like the whip its to op please remove or the gru loose hp to fast. we have it set for a reason and a reason only soldiers whip to help people across jumps and traps if u cant handle the god damn whip leave the server thats it dont be a baby learn to controll ur speed if not just leave

Offline BLAKUboy

rip in peace period
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
or the gru loose hp to fast.
was this ever an issue

• Venus Power
made up the gru one