Author Topic: Charge n Targe nerf for Cave Johnson  (Read 2202 times)

Offline B-mage

Charge n Targe nerf for Cave Johnson
« on: January 23, 2014, 09:32:53 pm »
The Targe shield just makes Demo too damage resiliant for Cave Johnsons. I've noticed ever since the last update to them they are just a pain in the ass to kill if you don't focus soley on them for a while. With overheal they can sustain more than 5 direct hits from cave. If anyone helps them by blocking hale from chasing them or a medic is in line of sight to crossbow they are impossible to kill. They just need a litte support to overcome the small amount of damage they take.
I dunno if the solution is to make the shield break after a certain number of lemons (say 3?) hitting directly or if they can be changed to be extra vunerable to fire since they already have an explosive reistance.
I spent half a round the other day attacking the same 3 demos over and over because they were taking turns body blocking my shots and then just getting a single medic crossbow to fully heal.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Re: Charge n Targe nerf for Cave Johnson
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:08:34 am »
It's strange because he can 1hitkill a heavy but takes 5 to kill a single targe demo.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline B-mage

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 08:16:30 pm »
Takes 2 direct hits on a heavy that doesn't have over heal and even then he has to bleed out a little from the after burn.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:21:26 pm »
Yeah, I'd say that the Chargin Targe would need a nerf. Maybe removing some blast resistance or removing the no afterburn stat would help Cave Johnson defeat the pesky Demoknights.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:40:11 pm »
My original plan was to make direct hits with a pill to break the targe, similar to how all the other hales can punch it away.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 10:18:10 am »
du it
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 05:40:37 pm »
And implemented! Direct hits with nades and lemons will now break the targe.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 12:18:01 am »
dern, welp at least i got in 1 good round on a cave johnson before you updated it (something like 7-8k)
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 03:21:55 pm »
We didn't change the splendid screen though, you wont lose it if you are hit.