Author Topic: New Map Ideas.  (Read 9101 times)

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
Re: New Map Ideas.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 05:49:21 pm »
My only recommendation is to keep maps in the TF2 feel/"universe." Also lets learn from the mistakes of the past - redstone, and manor. Redstone is overkill on random object and map size, while manor has a lot of potential to be a great map if clippings and other issues were put past the beta stage.

Offline combatfetus

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 12:36:43 am »
Other than that I can suggest something like the spaceship map for Killing Floor that came out at christmas. Make use of some of the more 'modern' looking props rather than hay piles and wood piles etc.

i've wanted to make a space-themed map, so i +1 this. it'd fit with the spytech tf2 theme, and would be really fun to make. a few ideas, in case you'd be interested:
 - either a spaceship or lunar/asteroid base drifting through space (I actually started a ph_asteroid but never put too much time into it)
 - lowered gravity, like the KF map
 - airlocks to go into space (just to get around - add damage triggers so you can't hide out there)

if you need help lemme know!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:38:34 am by combatfetus »

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 04:39:47 pm »
Gravity changes are a problem waiting to explode.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 05:03:05 pm »
I agree, unless it is only in certain areas or maybe jump pads (if they exist)

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »
i've wanted to make a space-themed map, so i +1 this. it'd fit with the spytech tf2 theme, and would be really fun to make. a few ideas, in case you'd be interested:
 - either a spaceship or lunar/asteroid base drifting through space (I actually started a ph_asteroid but never put too much time into it)
 - lowered gravity, like the KF map
 - airlocks to go into space (just to get around - add damage triggers so you can't hide out there)

if you need help lemme know!

I'd like to do something to where the door to the outside is "broken", and upon going outside the gravity is changed slightly (with a trigger maybe? not sure. still new to mapping). damage counter, maybe a small one but nothing major.

Offline combatfetus

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 06:56:39 pm »
Gravity changes are a problem waiting to explode.
you think so? i think it'd be a fun/new dynamic to try, if it really makes things unplayable then it could easily be removed.