Author Topic: Class abilities  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
Re: Class abilities
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 06:16:28 pm »
feel free to code this ability.

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 12:24:35 pm »
So, how about remove the bonus from the gas jockey set and bring back the detonator, some people actually prefer high jumps rather than speed

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 03:21:00 pm »
I have always wanted to get rid of the set on DR, im not sure what the detonator does now so Idk, if someone can explain what happened to it.

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »
Detonator just gives pyro a high jump nothing else, but as far as I know, it got removed because it could trigger some traps in certain maps like wooden. But I'm not sure if it was the detonator or the scorch shoot or both that could trigger traps

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:28 pm »
It was the scorch shot that could trigger traps, Pyro still has the detonator.

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 11:54:48 pm »
The detonator is replaced with the flare gun right now though, which allows the pyro to jump maybe as high as a heavy with GRU? I would much prefer losing the gas jockey set and having the detonator back.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 02:03:26 pm »
So, are we going to get it back? and keep or remove the pyro set?. need some sort of update here please

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 07:50:15 pm »
I don't have any plans on increasing the detonator jump, I think it's fine as-is. The pyro class set will eventually be removed though.

Offline Sakuya

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 08:24:21 pm »
What do you mean with "Increase the detonator jump"?  The thing is that, we can't equip/use the detonator.
I'm ok with the pyro set getting removed, I just need confirm if the flare gun will continue replacing the detonator and scorch shoot.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 08:34:27 pm »
Well, the way it works is that the flaregun, the detonator, and the scorch shot are all replaced with a flaregun that works like a detonator. It's confusing, but it's a carry over from the VSH mod.

Additionally, on certain maps (namely wooden and hotdesert), we replace the detonator and the scorch shot with a normal flaregun, since otherwise they can be used to activate some traps.

In the future, we may just filter button presses so only hale can press them, so we can give players normal pyro weapons.