Poll

What's more important: Double Jump or Bonk?

Double Jump
Bonk

Author Topic: Proposal: Atomizer  (Read 3431 times)

Offline TehBishop

• Donator
Proposal: Atomizer
« on: August 05, 2012, 04:59:27 am »
So... the scout just got a jump nerf, meaning he can only jump once, like every other class. The atomizer was previously banned, obviously due to the fact that triple jumps in Deathrun was a bad idea. Well, now the scout can't double jump, I'm seeing the atomizer as not a bad choice for bringing back into hale. Not in its current state mind you, it'd have to be tweaked, but I think it'd be fair to the scout if something could be decided upon.

Short version: Scout can only single jump now, what if we brought back the atomizer.

Now, there is two issues off the top of my head with bringing the atomizer back:

1. 10 health lost per jump = 12 double jumps. Even more if a medic has the crossbow.

2. Bonk invincibility = Applies to all incoming damage, even self inflicted.

Now, for the health loss, I could see that being a simple issue to fix, simply increase the amount of health the scout loses each time. I was thinking anywhere between half his health or more. That would allow the scout one double jump, to bypass specific traps.

The bonk is the tricky part. I would suggest either nerfing it to one bonk per life, or outright banning bonk. I don't know what the consensus is, but I've noticed double jumping to be far more useful than invincibility to damage in a game where everything kills you in one hit.

What do you think?

Sorry, this is my first post ever on this forum, please feel free to smack me if there's some format I didn't follow.

Offline TehBishop

• Donator
Re: Proposal: Atomizer
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 05:13:58 pm »
Although after thinking about it, maybe it would be easier to just give the scout his Force a Nature back, and only give him 2 shots. Like, he cant reload it.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:05:46 am »
In it's current state, the scout's bonk has a limit of 2 uses, but this may change in the future.

As for giving the scout the ability to have a limited double jump, I don't think that will be happening. It simply won't be fair when 29 players can go scout and each person can double jump over a trap one by one.

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 10:59:28 am »
I'm liking this idea, but only on the Atomizer. The Scout could use his double jump at the cost of a fraction of his health.

P.S. Was the Scout speed nerfed too? I've seen me fast as an Engineer before, as Scout.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:01:22 am »
P.S. Was the Scout speed nerfed too? I've seen me fast as an Engineer before, as Scout.

Scout speed was nerfed a long time ago.

Offline iR| Doctor Scootaloo

• I need to go out more.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:08 pm »
My apologies, I didn't notice until now ;-;.

Offline sherlin

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 01:26:21 am »
I'm liking this idea thats great

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:59:25 am by Miaumon »

Offline Friskywolf

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 02:36:22 am »
Am I the only person who thinks scout are not welcome in deathrun period

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 02:57:40 am »
i vote for heavy speed if there going to have double jump.
or engie speed with bonk

Offline TiberiusInABox

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 12:47:24 pm »
I propose that scoots have 1 hp and keep the atmoizer :>
In fine,igni ferroque,invictus maneo (In the end,with fire and iron,i remain unvanquished)