Author Topic: Scout  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Tilux

Scout
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:48:01 am »
I get the point why scout was nerfed.
But what I don't get is why the nerf was applied on the principle of OP. If you want to make it fair for other people, make it so everything has the same speed and the same abilities. Why should the heavy get speed boost with the GORU? Why does the pyro gets to bypass ALOT of traps by the simple use of the detonator? Why is the medic SOMEHOW faster?
Explain it to me.

Inb4 OP is raging
Inb4 OP can't Inb4
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:53:14 am by Tilux »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Scout
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 01:09:30 am »
The problem with scout was pretty obvious.

We had to enforce a class restriction on it because the double jump was just way too useful and made other classes not worth playing. On top of that, the scout was capable of jumping over pretty much every trap without having to juke or do anything that required what can be construed as "skill" on deathrun. Couple this with the fact that donators can ignore class limits, and it led to a pretty bad "donate for a gameplay advantage" situation, which I absolutely hate.

Also for what it's worth, the medic's move speed was nerfed alongside the scout.

As for the pyro and heavy, I'm still mulling over what changes should be done to make them fair.

Offline Tilux

Re: Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 01:13:35 am »
The problem with scout was pretty obvious.

We had to enforce a class restriction on it because the double jump was just way too useful and made other classes not worth playing. On top of that, the scout was capable of jumping over pretty much every trap without having to juke or do anything that required what can be construed as "skill" on deathrun. Couple this with the fact that donators can ignore class limits, and it led to a pretty bad "donate for a gameplay advantage" situation, which I absolutely hate.

Also for what it's worth, the medic's move speed was nerfed alongside the scout.

As for the pyro and heavy, I'm still mulling over what changes should be done to make them fair.
Pretty much answer me question/rant. Thanks.
medic's move speed was nerfed alongside the scout.
You can go faster with the weapon switch spamming like when scout's speed was first put in place.

Also, you need to remove the escape plan, its pretty horrible to see that going.

EDIT

Heavy : If possible, timelimit on the glove, like, 5 seconds for 1 round. If not, block healing and no sandvich.
Pyro : 1-2 detonator round. No replenish per round.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:29:05 am by Tilux »