Poll

What do you guys think about this map?

I want the old troll run back.
5 (45.5%)
Nah, keep the new one in its fine.
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Preference to vsh_dr_trollrun_final1  (Read 5727 times)

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
Preference to vsh_dr_trollrun_final1
« on: February 03, 2014, 06:33:18 pm »
Poll rules
- No time limit to this poll.
- You may change your vote.
- Results are shown too all
- One vote per person.

I just really want the older one back... That and I want to know what everyone thinks about it. Could we at least get the old trollrun in rotation (just like the two versions of Mario) because of the drastic changes?
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
Re: Preference to vsh_dr_trollrun_final1
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »
I like the new trollrun :(,

But I'm fine with the old one coming back, but, PLEASE GOD don't have 2 versions of it on the rotation at once (fuck you voidy for mario), if people don't like the new one, ditch the new one. If this vote ties, act like remove it won. (act like my keep it vote wasn't existent)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:46:03 pm by 111112oo »

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:09 pm »
i haven't seen final1 yet and i can't get on tf2 right now to check
what changed

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 03:28:37 pm »
i haven't seen final1 yet and i can't get on tf2 right now to check
what changed

I'd recommend looking at it yourself, as someone can explain it one sidedly

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 05:29:39 pm »
i can't get on tf2 right now to check
just give me a list of the changes i don't care how one-sided it'll sound

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 07:42:56 pm »
fuck you voidy for mario
*ahem*

I suppose we could do the two different versions in the rotation, similar to mario. I like the original, but I haven't had a chance to run the new one yet. Gonna do that some time tonight.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 10:51:34 pm »
*ahem*

I suppose we could do the two different versions in the rotation, similar to mario.

I sent the map to voidy saying "If people don't like it, then I'm fine with you removing it."

having 2 versions will piss people off in many ways by: Having the maplist to be unnecessarily longer, Playing the same map twice in a row, and other reasons. Mario already drives people mad enough.

Offline Casual

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 03:44:37 pm »
please bring v1 back, this new version is terrible and bland  :-X

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 10:35:34 am »
There may be a few questionable changes in aesthetics, but anything that actually matters is better. Though I'm not sure why the sword trap has to take up that entire hallway now. >_>
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 02:19:38 pm »
There may be a few questionable changes in aesthetics, but anything that actually matters is better. Though I'm not sure why the sword trap has to take up that entire hallway now. >_> Cause the sword trap was really up.

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 01:16:04 am »
There may be a few questionable changes in aesthetics, but anything that actually matters is better. Though I'm not sure why the sword trap has to take up that entire hallway now. >_>

Want to know what I think?

-The first trap used to have two questions marks on the side of it so taking it out gives the trap less detail. (-1)

-The second trap had a platform to boot which comes with a small chance of death and taking that out strips content of the map itself. (-1)

-The look (to me) is more refined on the guessing platforms that follows the second trap. (+1)

-The Beiber traps is visually replaced with a troll face. (+0)

-The sacrifice door and the door that follows are too much (for me and several people have complained to me about this) to wait for. (-1)

-Very old versions of Troll run had the gas trap made were players must run across the skinny platform under a certain time (that was in other servers)... In Saxton Hell the previous version on the trap did not even exist until it was properly set into the new version. (+1)

-The guessing doors are replaced with small narrow vents you must crouch to navigate. The only thing I see here is that players cannot jump over the guessing trap (which is an extremely rare occurrence and sometimes when that happen it may confuse players causing deaths) and must communicate with each other on telling fellow deathrunners which on is the right door considering the decrease in view (even though players are always ghosting them on both versions on the map anyways). (+1)

- The lazer trap that follows takes up an extraneous amount of space... Why increase the duration on the lazers existence when it reaches the end of it's path after being activated and give players even less room between the wall and the end of the trap? (-1)

- You can see the border of the trap that follows. (+0)

- The gas trap after that was replaced with a plain room. Why take out the panels and the design of the trap? (-1)

- The troll face trap after the cube that comes out of the wall has been reduced in radius and takes skill to maneuver as there is a wall that must be destroyed while advancing the trap. (+1)

- There is much less area for a demoman to caber back to the boxes above the conveyor belt trap. (+0)

- The ceiling trap afterwards has been speed up. This compensated with the safe spots between the trap. I see that this speeds things up (+1)

- The sword trap takes up the entire hallway... In the previous version I have seen people get killed without the trap even being activated because the landed on the swords. (-1)

- Medic trap has been replaced with a larger radius ceiling trap. This trap takes time to reach the floor but has poteintal to kill a larger amount of players (+1)

- Yes of course I noticed... The Fluttershy trap at the very end has been increased to a reasonable radius. (+1)

- Why replace the two portals at the end?... Some of us (look at the guy posting this) enjoy entering the room that gives credit to the map creators... It's not like when you enter the room you are prevented from winning the game as players can leave the room. (-1)

- Freerun button added (+0)

pros= +7
cons= -7

There was a reason I had suggested to have both versions of the map in rotation. This is also why the thread has "PREFERENCE" in the name. I understand why the map was updated and still wish for the older map to be playable. As Casual said I think it just feels bland.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:19:19 am by Baysick »
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 03:03:09 pm »
- The sword trap takes up the entire hallway... In the previous version I have seen people get killed without the trap even being activated because the landed on the swords. (-1)
- Why replace the two portals at the end?... Some of us (look at the guy posting this) enjoy entering the room that gives credit to the map creators... It's not like when you enter the room you are prevented from winning the game as players can leave the room. (-1)
- Freerun button added (+0)
The first trap used to have two questions marks on the side of it so taking it out gives the trap less detail. (-1)

I disagree with these.
The sword trap was hard to kill with before. (+1)
The credits room was removed as He revised alot by himself ruling out the people that helped. +people got mad at ponies. (+0)
The freerun button is better than a normal freerun. (+1)
But the detail was ugly detail + the trap was too easy. (+0)
--------------------------------------
- The gas trap after that was replaced with a plain room. Why take out the panels and the design of the trap? (-1)

This was because the trap was stupid and killed people while the gas was off and music was playing, I'll still consider it a -1 though.

I don't think the map feels bland, but it feels clean.
+ DON'T FUCKING PUT 2 VERSIONS IN NO.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:07:24 pm by 111112oo »