Author Topic: Some bugs/exploits to report.  (Read 5992 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Some bugs/exploits to report.
« on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:43 am »
1st glitch:
Map: zf_hideout
Bug/exploit: Zombies able to jump the wall during setup time and kill survivors.
Proof: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bk4aa1hfefa86fw/leap.dem

2nd glitch:
Map: zf_panicmansion
Bug/exploit: Stickybombs can be used to kill zombies pre-game (unconfirmed if all explosion weapons or just stickies)
Proof: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gg9v11t8yvqryze/panic.dem

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Re: Some bugs/exploits to report.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:46:20 am »
zf_hideout  Only leap scouts can get across, and unless people are paying attention it is possible to die before the round begins.
zf_yard: zombies can destroy the barricades keeping them in much quicker than the setup gives, gotta be ready on red team before the round starts
zf_fortress: same for leap scouts, but they're rarely successful on this map
zf_compound_b5: no barricades in this one, zombies can immediately leave spawn during setup and attack

I feel as though it's part of the map and aren't glitches.  Usually due to poor design unless they were never designed with the perks in mind.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:20:41 pm »
zf_hideout  Only leap scouts can get across, and unless people are paying attention it is possible to die before the round begins.
zf_yard: zombies can destroy the barricades keeping them in much quicker than the setup gives, gotta be ready on red team before the round starts
zf_compound_b5: no barricades in this one, zombies can immediately leave spawn during setup and attack

I feel as though it's part of the map and aren't glitches.  Usually due to poor design unless they were never designed with the perks in mind.

I could take a crack at these if you'd like, just add it to that thread I have going.
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 10:30:29 am »

I could take a crack at these if you'd like, just add it to that thread I have going.

I'm more biased in which I love do do this with leap spy/scout, but I don't get killed by them because I do pay attention because I know it's possible.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:21:50 pm »

no one found me but one person was close
Also this
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:45:35 pm by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 12:07:43 am »
@Lunacy
Thanks for adding me and talking to be about this.
Even if he got there, it doesn't matter. The zombies can still cap. And the only possible way I can surmise of him getting there is he somehow rode the train. Thats really fucking hard to do (the train model has collisions disabled, and has an invisible case around it and a kill trigger in front of it.)
Anyway.

As for farm field, idk I think I've done that one a loooong time ago. idk lol, almost nobody knows about it, lets try to keep it dat way.
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline OtakuWandering

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 08:30:22 pm »
In addition, Heavy zombies with Natashca and Thieving perk, if any weapon is stolen, they have almost infinite ammo, with no damage reduction comparable to stock Miniguns. Takes humans down really quickly and seems like an exploit, especially when some Cow Mangler Soldiers team up with them to troll.

Offline Caboose

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 10:18:56 pm »
In addition, Heavy zombies with Natashca and Thieving perk, if any weapon is stolen, they have almost infinite ammo, with no damage reduction comparable to stock Miniguns. Takes humans down really quickly and seems like an exploit, especially when some Cow Mangler Soldiers team up with them to troll.

Yeah, after a player named 'Soler Boy' began telling everyone he could about it today. It is really messing up the balance in the server.

Also there is a glitch with a spy carrying a spycicle where after being exposed to fire the weapon is not removed but they are still given the invulnerability to fire. It really makes them hard to deal with as a pyro.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 10:19:43 am »
Confirm Natascha OP
On Hiatus

Offline Caboose

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 03:28:43 pm »
I'm not sure if it was a one time glitch but when playing zf_helmsdeep_sd_v1 the map was literally unwinnable for humans. Even after the survival timer ran out the match continued with 00:00 on the clock. It is a very hard map as it is, so that was actually the only instance I'd ever seen humans survive that long. I'll try to get a picture if it happens again.

Also on the topic of Helmsdeep, not so much a glitch but a possible exploit whether intended or not is the ability to leap over the walls and capture the points before the walls have actually been destroyed. Makes defending the map extremely tough and forces the human forces to spread out considerably across a large map instead of being able to concentrate on the carts.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 08:18:22 pm »
In addition, Heavy zombies with Natashca and Thieving perk, if any weapon is stolen, they have almost infinite ammo
This should be fixed now, thanks for the report!

Offline Akeed

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 01:16:51 pm »
I have noticed a glitch with the selfless perk.  I do not know if it is new, however if a survivor takes damage during setup and then shifts to spectator they will detonate killing red team.  we found this on the map zf_offices when the zombies had some toxics. i then shifted to spectate and wound up killing my entire team.  then to confirm what happened another person who was selfless also shifted mid round, this had the same result of red team being killed.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 04:02:35 pm »
I have noticed a glitch with the selfless perk.  I do not know if it is new, however if a survivor takes damage during setup and then shifts to spectator they will detonate killing red team.  we found this on the map zf_offices when the zombies had some toxics. i then shifted to spectate and wound up killing my entire team.  then to confirm what happened another person who was selfless also shifted mid round, this had the same result of red team being killed.

Good catch, I've fixed this. Thanks!

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 04:04:54 pm »
Now demoman and soldier primaries are being removed right as the match starts,lovely