Author Topic: Adding more props to the configs.  (Read 6028 times)

Offline HipsterGlaceon

• Full Admin
Adding more props to the configs.
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:34:57 am »
Some of you may have realized that not every prop on a map is available to hide as.

What are your thoughts on adding a wider selection of available props for every map?

Offline MrEskimoMan

• if you read this you're gay : -)
Re: Adding more props to the configs.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:46:12 am »
Keep it as it is. The props on maps are as the mapmakers intended (mostly), so why not keep it that way
#StopRuiningProphunt2K13 :)

Offline Marshii

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 11:28:45 am »
I think that once you start expanding the prop selection you'll end up with ridiculously obvious props such as giant oil tankers, trucks, etc or conversly really small props (refers to range for level of ludicrousy)

Trust me, leaving it as it is would probably be the most intelligent and logistically legit option here.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 04:35:27 pm »
Agreed with the above.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 05:37:03 pm »
I think the idea would be to add props to the config that already exist on the map but simply aren't in the config, within reason.

Offline GHOST

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 05:41:19 pm »
good idea Marshii

Offline Marshii

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 06:03:30 pm »
I think the idea would be to add props to the config that already exist on the map but simply aren't in the config, within reason.

Most maps have already got most props in the list other than those which would as I have mentioned before be waaaay to obvious. The most common items give prop hunt the diversity it needs. Having lots of props that are unique to a map in the propmenu would be like painting a target on them as they'd be spotted as being out of place almost instantly by any infrequent regular on the server at the time.

You could try it, but those are my thoughts.

Offline box

• Str8 Up Pimp, Classyle
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 12:45:45 pm »
Also agreed with above, except I would leave them all be. I'd rather see enthusiasm in people making new maps entirely rather than destroying the preexisting ones that have worked well for the past 4 years or so.

Offline Marshii

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »
Ooh, I think I might have misunderstood this, does the config imply whats already in the map in terms of legit props and illegit ones? If you can do something different with the less popular maps / less played maps then maybe they could be rejuvenated through tweaking (not only with props if opportunities present themselves eg resizing the playable areas etc, but that is a lot of work :)

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 08:02:02 pm »
Ooh, I think I might have misunderstood this, does the config imply whats already in the map in terms of legit props and illegit ones? If you can do something different with the less popular maps / less played maps then maybe they could be rejuvenated through tweaking (not only with props if opportunities present themselves eg resizing the playable areas etc, but that is a lot of work :)

It depends what type of config they're talking about.

The PROP HUNT config is the ban list for weapons and classes, class limits, and weapon attributes.

The MAP config - which is different for each map - describes how long the round time is and what props are available to hide as through spawning.

As far as I know - since I have never had access to it - the PROP MENU allows you to hide as any prop outlined in the map's config plus a few others, the CP, Lil Chew Chew, HHHH, sentry, ghost, etc. The prop menu specific props are available on every map.

Offline Lester Roquefort

• Belive it or not, I have Social Anxiety disorder.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 08:13:28 pm »
Personally, i like the "really fucking obvious" runner props.

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 08:17:15 pm »
Personally, i like the "really fucking obvious" runner props.

Most of those are prop menu only. I think it's a good idea to keep it that way or else rounds would be quite fast. :D