Author Topic: What would you like to see in Jump Hell?  (Read 13917 times)

Offline ILOVEPHOMOAR

• Trial Admin
What would you like to see in Jump Hell?
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:40:08 pm »
As title says, what would you like to see in Jump Hell? It can be anything as long as it has to do with the server.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
Re: What would you like to see in Jump Hell?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:01:25 am »
less engineers

edit: it may be worth it to make the points impossible to capture on a few maps. for example the skyscraper maps. as much as i dont like to play them its annoying to people when a demo rushes to the top to capture the point so no one else can make it up in time. that or they'll come back down the other teams side and kill them, since there is no !superman on those maps. or we could, you know, remove those maps :)

double edit: voided removed the skyscraper maps :DDD
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:08:23 am by bombs »

Offline ILOVEPHOMOAR

• Trial Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 06:00:52 pm »
Not sure how the less Engi's would work to be honest lol.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 06:02:38 pm »
I don't want to make the server too unfriendly to newer jumpers. Some people (like me) need teleporters sometimes.

Offline ILOVEPHOMOAR

• Trial Admin
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 09:27:17 pm »
says the pro bungee person lol. and maybe you could limit the amount of engi's that are being used instead? its kinda annoying when theres sentries and dispensers everywhere when u try to pogo lol

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »
Would it be better if !hide could work for sentries/dispensers? Cause I can probably look into making it work.

Offline ILOVEPHOMOAR

• Trial Admin
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 01:34:51 pm »
Well we did discuss this a couple of moths back, and yes we agreed that !hide should hide buildings as well. Also see if it's possible for players to walk through teleporters when an engi decides to build one to trap people in. The only way for us to get them to stop is usually by kicking them from the server. Usually they ignore all warnings. Or they will listen the first time and do it again. Ends up being very annoying for everyone.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »
Players shouldn't be able to trap others with teleporters, though. I made a plugin a while ago that prevents building of engi teleporters near map teleporters.

Offline ILOVEPHOMOAR

• Trial Admin
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 02:38:14 pm »
Didn't know you did that, I haven't been as active lately to see. And late thanks for that pluton voidy!

In other news, I'm thinking about making an event for Jump Hell. Not sure how it's going to work yet, but I'll include prizes as well. Would like some feedback from more players before I attempt this.

Offline bombs

• happy trees
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 03:06:33 pm »
i'd be down for an event

were you thinking races or something?

Offline ILOVEPHOMOAR

• Trial Admin
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 03:57:18 pm »
To be honest, I haven't been able to think of anything not complicated yet lol. A race would be kinda unfair for newer jumpers

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 11:38:21 pm »
I wouldn't mind seeing the VSH Flare Gun in here so Pyro can jump too.
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline Shooter`

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 09:26:21 pm »
Lunacy, the pyro can jump using the detonator. Does the VSH flare gun give him more distance? Quite a few of the jumps are about more than distance and the slow reload would have a tough time accounting for that.

Personally, I'd like to see a permanent save system similar to how Jump iT's works where it saves your progress between maps. What's the point of me working on jump X on map Y if it takes me more than half the map to get there? This mostly applies to maps with lots of jumps like Littleman and Cheval.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:15 pm »
Personally, I'd like to see a permanent save system similar to how Jump iT's works where it saves your progress between maps. What's the point of me working on jump X on map Y if it takes me more than half the map to get there? This mostly applies to maps with lots of jumps like Littleman and Cheval.

On my todo list! I plan to add a !psave (p for perma), and !ptele and few shorter/related commands for permanently saving while still being able to retain non-perma saves.

Offline ILOVEPHOMOAR

• Trial Admin
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 02:19:56 am »
What I would like to see more of is people actually jumping more and stop asking for teles or noclip >:(