What would you like to play?

Sword Art Online (SAO)
2 (100%)
Alfheim (ALO)
0 (0%)
Gun Gale Online (GGO)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Sword Art Online Becoming Reality Soon?  (Read 3361 times)

Offline LAZER™

Sword Art Online Becoming Reality Soon?
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:38:34 pm »
So people have been going around and talking about Sword Art Online (SAO) and the Oculus Rift. That's right you heard me, Oculus Rfit. For those who don't know what the Oculus Rift is meant for, it's for 3D Virtual Reality (VR) Gaming. Of course SAO is based on a VRMMORPG. What does that mean? Well VRMMORPG is simply meant as Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

Oculus Rift has the ability to process this but it's not like SAO's Nerve Gear. Oculus Rift is more like when you go to the arcade and there is a 3D VR game there that only works with your sight and hearing. SAO is highly advanced but don't let that fall too short from what I am talking about.

Let me take you back, to about the 1980's, 1984 to be exact when Charles Hull had created the 3D Printer. That's right ladies and gentlemen, the 3D PRINTER. This I could say, was pretty highly advanced for that time. Seeing as you have to use bio-ink and some other stuff to create anything. But let's take this a step further. The 3D Printer can now help create things such as a human heart, human limbs. and even Iron Mans suit. Yup, Iron Man! His suit was created by the 3D Printer for the Iron Man movies, and if that isn't crazy enough you can make a gun from the 3D Printer. You can make just about anything.

So, when we talk about SAO's ability to put the human brain into a VR game. I believe it is more than possible. But when thinking about it... The gear to use it would cost more than you could imagine... Take for instance Nerve Gear (which was mentioned earlier), the program they use in SAO to place the brain in the game. You as the character can "see, touch/feel, taste, smell, and hear" everything. This is all because of the Nerve Gear. This gear is more than likely already been made if not made already. But who could afford it? Well the rich of course. I mean who else would and could beta test this kind of stuff. Especially if you're working with such equipment.

My thoughts may be a little out of the box and maybe even the world because many people could argue that we are no where near close anything like SAO. But when really thinking about it, who knew that the 3D Printer was created in 1984? With such advanced technology it's hard for me not to believe that we don't have technology like SAO. There are already technologies built for all 5 senses.

• Sight and Sound- Oculus Rift and TED
  • Taste and Smell - Olfactory Display
  • Touch/Feel - Aireal and Tesla Touch
Of course they would need to combine all of these technologies or some like them to get something like Nerve Gear going. Think of the movie Avatar if you haven't already. It was in a way like a game but not really. It was supposed to be real life but you could enter though an avatar of your own.

Now I know I keep straying off to sight but I would like to bring up that VR gaming has been out for a while now. I remember as a child I believe somewhere in the early 2000's my family and I went to DisneyQuest. There were a lot of interactive games. You wore a helmet that would be placed as your Sight and Sound while there was air pushing on you to mimic the fact that you were on Aladdin's Carpet though the whole game. There were about 4 seats so others could sit next to you. Since the camera showed inside the helmet that who you were looking at were Aladdin's other movie characters you could swivel your head and the camera would mimic the motion and mapping area to show what you were looking at.

Who remembers MindFlex? If you don't know already MindFlex was released back in 2009. The game was meant to move a small blue ball throughout a course using nothing but your brainwaves. That's right, the more you concentrated the better the control you had of the ball. Why do I bring up MindFlex? Well, when thinking about it, Nerve Gear deals with the brain so how could a game such as MindFlex be released back in 2009. The simple answer is the fact that we have that technology.

So could a SAO game achieve a real VRMMORPG? Well why not? It may take a while if the gear hasn't been created to use yet but I could believe that we are almost there to achieve it. When adding all kinds of technologies that have been made it is more than possible. However there is something that everyone fears.... Which would be that if the person who makes the SAO game or any other game that would use Nerve Gear technology there would be no log out button which would trap the user in the VR game forever. But will this happen? Well probably not because companies are going to want to make as much money off this invention as possible by creating as many games as they can. A creation and release date is yet to be found but some people have said between 2015-2019 or even 2022 the Nerve Gear would be created.

What do you Think about This?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:40:21 pm by LAZER™ »

Offline Fullmetal Soul

• none required
Re: Sword Art Online Becoming Reality Soon?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 08:57:29 am »
Well what can I expect from someone who has a Kirito profile pic.

On the other hand, I don't see why we need to have an SAO game for the Oculus Rift. I mean it looks exciting and everything but in the series it didn't look that exciting as an MMORPG.
I'd rather have an Elder Tale game...

Offline LAZER™

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 02:53:35 pm »
Well what can I expect from someone who has a Kirito profile pic.

On the other hand, I don't see why we need to have an SAO game for the Oculus Rift. I mean it looks exciting and everything but in the series it didn't look that exciting as an MMORPG.
I'd rather have an Elder Tale game...

It's a Great Anime!

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:00:31 pm »
Oculus Rift + Kinect
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline SHADoW NiNE TR3S

• Kawaii Killer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:41:16 pm »
Sword art is best art.