Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 101173 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2013, 06:28:09 pm »
Thanks to BoBo, I was able to find one more map. This map is called trade_plaza_winter. Here's the link: http://www.tfmaps.com/details.php?file=286 . It's a fairly small map, but it does provide every aspect of the original trade_plaza. It's a nice and cozy map, just in case you want to avoid any of the bright and flashy maps. Each player can see each other from their own spawn, but they can't shoot each other. Anyways, hope you like the map.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2013, 03:13:24 pm »
Your welcome :)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2013, 02:35:06 pm »
Added trade_plaza_winter to the rotation.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2013, 08:17:26 pm »
Added trade_plaza_winter to the rotation.

No trade_mymind? :( . Also, this is the map I was talking about. This is pkmn_saffroncity. Here's the link: http://www.tfmaps.com/details.php?file=384 . It's currently a cp map, but it looks fit to be able to be a trade map. It even has the tag trade in it. I was wondering if we could disable the cp's so that we don't end a round by capturing all the cp's.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:19:30 pm by Punishment_Fatal »

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2013, 09:24:52 pm »
No trade_mymind? :(
I didn't see that suggested anywhere. :S

I was wondering if we could disable the cp's so that we don't end a round by capturing all the cp's.
I'll see if I can find an easy way to go about doing that.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2013, 09:26:26 pm »
I didn't see that suggested anywhere. :S

With forums back up, I am back with another map suggestion! This map is called trade_mymind. Link's here: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/173832 . The map in the beginning is like abstract, but it's not entirely like that. There's no easter eggs that I could find on this map, but there are 2 teleporters. One teleporter leads to the classic boxing ring, and the other leads to a room where you can worship Gabe Newell, have books, look at animals or look at ponies (although I must say, it's a trap!). Some posters in the room with books, Gabe Newell, animals and ponies may do something when you shoot it. For example, walking up to the mighty pope Gabe Newell will play a Hallelujah in the background followed by an explosion. Anyways, that's pretty much the map. It doesn't look like it'll do much damage, but I have my fingers crossed.

Well crap, gamebanana is being retarded so we have to wait until it's fixed.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:10:04 pm by Punishment_Fatal »

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2013, 10:41:21 pm »
I'll see if I can find an easy way to go about doing that.
Would this help any?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=131301

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2013, 01:44:08 am »
Well crap, gamebanana is being retarded so we have to wait until it's fixed.

Welp! I missed that. I'll check it out whenever gamebanana gets their poo poo together.

Would this help any?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=131301

Definitely.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2013, 01:40:35 pm »
Welp! I missed that. I'll check it out whenever gamebanana gets their poo poo together.
Alright, Gamebanana finally decided to get their poo poo together, so the site is now functional.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2013, 04:39:45 pm »
see this is why i found that other website incase game banana goes down with all the poo poo

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »
see this is why i found that other website incase game banana goes down with all the poo poo
Still, that place has less maps than Gamebanana. (Btw, I already knew about that website. I just didn't like the layout and I ignored it since it didn't have good enough maps in my opinion at the time.)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2013, 04:53:42 pm »
Alright, Gamebanana finally decided to get their poo poo together, so the site is now functional.

No dice on trade_mymind, as it uses unoptimized bone follows. Basically any map that has animated prop_dynamic player models is generally not a good fit due to their excess network usage.

Added pkmn_saffroncity_b3 to the rotation.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2013, 04:54:47 pm »
No dice on trade_mymind, as it uses unoptimized bone follows. Basically any map that has animated prop_dynamic player models is generally not a good fit due to their excess network usage.

Added pkmn_saffroncity_b3 to the rotation.
Aw, alright.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2013, 07:33:23 pm »
I'm here with another map. This map is called trade_unusual_quakeman. Link's here: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/174034 . This map is flat out a colorful reskin of plr_hightower. It has multiple dispenser pads that heal you in every corner (people with dispenser radios watch out) and has some video game consoles that have animated gifs. I'm sorry, but you cannot use the games to your advantage. That's pretty much it. It's basically just a colorful hightower, so there's not much more to say.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2013, 11:24:13 pm »
Seeing how that map is +300mb in size, I'll pass on that.