Poll

Was this guide helpful?

Yes, it taught me how to install HLDJ accurately.
4 (50%)
Yes, but I would have liked it in a more organized format.
1 (12.5%)
I don't really care, since I'm not looking to micspamming anytime soon.
2 (25%)
No, it led me on the right path but I got lost easily.
0 (0%)
No, I didn't know where to go even from the start.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: How to start micspamming in TF2 (PC users)  (Read 25018 times)

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
How to start micspamming in TF2 (PC users)
« on: April 11, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »
GUIDE v1.1: Now comes with Steampipe workaround!

Have you ever visited the Trading Hell server and gone like, "Gosh, I wish I could micspam like the other spammers. Too bad I don't know how and no one's willing to tell me." Well, stop the presses, I'm here to tell you how to! If you follow this step-by-step guide, it'll easily get you going on your adventure to being a micspammer.

STEP 1: Download a micspam program!: Any micspammer knows that you can't micspam through your mic. It gives bad quality and you waste other people's times. In order to get started, you must download a micspam plugin. Micspam plugins are downloadable programs that when used, they can sync with your game in order to micspam. My personal preference on a micspam plugin is HLDJ, which is here: http://www.hldj.org/ . From here, go to the Downloads tab and download which processer you have. This can be 32-bit or 64-bit. The best way to look is to check your Program Files. To do this, go to Computer/C:. There should be a file named Program Files. If there's a Program Files and a Program Files (x86), then you're running a 64-bit computer. If there's just Program Files, you're running a 32-bit computer. If you play L4D2, you might want to download the L4D2 DLC workaround. If you don't L4D2, then just download the normal version.

STEP 2: Get it set up!: Micspam programs usually take some time to set up. I'm going to focus on HLDJ since I have the most experience with it. Once you've gone and installed your program, a little window should pop up that has the HLDJ logo on the bottom. You have now successfully set up HLDJ! *insert victory fanfare here* Now, you have to get it set up. To do this, press the little button that resembles a gear on the side. It'll occasionally ask you if you want to install all the games in your Steam library. If you have a lot of games, this is not recommended as it takes a LONG time to do. Instead, we'll do it the manual way. Press the + button right under the - button and a little pop-up will appear. It'll ask you for the title of your game, a Play Audio key, the game directory, and the audio directory. The title of your game can be whatever you want to make it, for example Jimmy Gibbs Jr. for L4D. I keep the original names of the games so I don't lose track of which is which. The Play Audio key is what key you'll press in order for music to play. I keep mine at F1 because it's near the WASD keys and you won't hit it by accident and you can still type. The game directory and audio directory are the most crucial parts of setting up, as typing even 1 letter wrong will screw up the whole playing music in game for you and that'll leave you sad like this :(. To set up the game directory, look into where your HLDJ program is located. It'll occasionally be in your Downloads folder. You can sync up the directory to play from there, or you can use my directory which is C:\Program Files (x86)\HLDJ. To do that, just move your HLDJ folder of which you downloaded it into your Program Files and then sync it from there. For the Audio directory, this is where your audio files will go so that HLDJ can locate and set up the songs that you want. The directory can be placed anywhere you want like the game directory, but my personal preference is the Downloads tab, which would be C:\Users\yourloginnamehere\Downloads. HLDJ will also ask you if you want to place the Audio file into your Downloads, so that will make it simpler. Anyways, once you've done that, you're good with setting up HLDJ! Now, you need songs.

STEP 3: Getting songs/sounds!: Now that you're done with setting up the program, you need material! Songs can be downloaded into any format, but it's preference is .wav. Don't worry though, as this is where the game directory kicks in. The game directory is the path of which the songs you've put into the file of the game directory will be synced from .mp3 to .wav. This makes the process a whole lot simpler. Let's just say though that you have no idea where to get these sounds. The best place to start is Youtube. Youtube has all sorts of songs for getting, but there's one problem: Most people don't put .mp3 downloads in their descriptions. You might be thinking, "I've come so far, yet I can't get any songs. This was a waste of time." Do not fear, for I have a solution! Go to one of these websites: www.youtube-mp3.org or www.listentoyoutube.com . My preferred choice is youtube-mp3.org since the process is pretty simple. All you have to do is copy the link of the song that you want, (ex. www . youtube.com/watch/?v=5pwSk2N7zRw), press "Convert Video" and then press the Download button. And there you go! You are now the proud owner of a downloaded Youtube song! From here, the song should be in your Downloads tab. Right-click the song and press "Cut". From there, move it to where you put the game directory path. Now, open HLDJ and press the button with a music note & play button. This will make a pop-up where you have to put the Game Directory and the Audio Directory again. Copy/Paste the paths into there and press the Play button. Whatever files were in the "Game Directory" path will now be transferred into the "Audio Directory" path and converted to .wav. Once that's done, you now have a song set up. Just click the play button, start up TF2, and get on a server that has micspam and you're good. For further information, look at the steps down ahead.

VVV ADVANCED OPTION DOWN HERE VVV

STEP 4: Cutting mp3 files to get a specific sound.: So now you have the sound files set up. But say for example you don't want the whole song/video being played, but just a certain part. Some things like this are Scout's "My ass!" sound and others. In order to do this, I like to use a website called www.online-video-cutter.com . All you do is press Open URL, paste the URL of the video, and wait for it to sync. Once it's loaded, move the sliders to the specific part of the video of which you want the sound to be there. Once the sliders have captured the sound, press Cut and then wait for the sound to be in the Downloads folder. From there, you just do the same thing as in Step 3 and you'll be good.

Well, that's my tutorial for now. If you have any questions, feel free to message me either on here or through Steam. My Steam profile is located at the top-right of this poster. Thank you for reading this, and I will see you later.

Steampipe workaround!
So you're going along, and you just updated TF2 to Steampipe! Hurray, except there's one problem: The newer game path broke your currenth path for playing songs. Don't worry though, as I have a fix. In your game path for setting up the games, replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yoursteamusername\team fortress 2\teamfortress\tf with C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf in Step #2. This will allow you to keep micspamming with the Steampipe update.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:36:50 pm by Punishment_Fatal »

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBoBo

• Venus Power
Re: How to start micspamming in TF2 (PC users)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:29:36 pm »
so i did this and what is the command to stop your song you are spamming
edit:nevermind but this is real good edvince man

Offline Stxr

Re: How to start micspamming in TF2 (PC users)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 03:29:17 pm »
Some people want to watch the world burn.
I work to make games better. Veteran admin of TF2Hats (recently quit because they are bullshit now).  I try to make people calm down when raging and will work out problems. I never vote kick someone unfairly.  I have been playing since approx. December 2010 at my friends house and I made my own account and got TF2 in June 2011.  I have an XBL account. GT-HD My D. You will most commonly see me as Stxr on steam. Try to have fun.
-Stxr