Author Topic: Remove pushing  (Read 5947 times)

Offline BadassGrandpa

Remove pushing
« on: March 21, 2013, 08:18:40 pm »
I'm sure everyone else has gone through this issue, but I think it's neccessary that we do this: remove pushing from every map.

Because of motivators and the introduction of the timer, pushing at this point is there mainly for either trolling or just an annoyance that can bring someone to their death because of an impatient player or a troll. Before pushing was removed in maps such as mario, death was at an all-time high and people got extremely sick of the maps. With pushing removed, people ceased to complain about the pushing (except for those using it as an excuse for their death).

Don't bother with the old "crouch to help prevent pushing, you fucking faggot" routine, since obviously this wouldn't help out with the pushing epidemic. We just want pushing gone so that trolls would have no power and that people can actually play. Besides, have you ever tried jumping on platforms while crouched? It usually stops a moving platform or pushes you off anyway.

Post your opinion below.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
Re: Remove pushing
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:26:33 pm »

Offline Chechis

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:29:16 pm »
If the player can't handle pushing. i doubt they'd be able to get to the end.
Just my opinion. I have no problem with pushing on the deathrun servers.

Offline BadassGrandpa

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:32:12 pm »
If the player can't handle pushing. i doubt they'd be able to get to the end.
Just my opinion. I have no problem with pushing on the deathrun servers.

Or, I don't know, they won't be able to get to the end because of pushing?

Offline Chechis

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:33:16 pm »
Or, I don't know, they won't be able to get to the end because of pushing?

Well, if you die from pushing every round. thats your problem.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:36:55 pm »
Well, if you die from pushing every round. thats your problem.

^

Offline BadassGrandpa

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 08:38:21 pm »
You know what? Good idea.

Since pushing is so vital, let's put it back in mario and every other map that removed pushing.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 08:43:31 pm »
You know what? Good idea.

Since pushing is so vital, let's put it back in mario and every other map that removed pushing.

Getting angry is always the answer.

Offline BadassGrandpa

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:44:24 pm »
Getting angry is always the answer.

So I'm just assuming that we ARE going to put pushing back in mario and the other maps?

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:22:10 pm »
Mario is the only map pushing was removed in, and only due to one pretty specific trap at the beginning.

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 10:26:30 pm »
Pushing can be pretty useful in DR, I do not want it removed. Sure it is irritating to get pushed off an edge since you are taunting or using a misc item like bonk or a sandvich, but oh well. DR is competitive, every player wants to win. If that means I push you off a ledge because you were being dumb and taunting constantly, oh well your fault. Pushing is also useful for those pesky players who run out of spawn then go AFK, so you can just push them off the map and continue the round so you don't have to wait for them.

Griefing is a pain, yeah I can see the argument to have collisions removed since it is irritatingly hard trying to platform on tricky areas with someone purposefully trying to push you off, but that's why I have the high 5 taunt, they try pushing and I wait in the taunt until they move, griefing should be frowned upon, even IF this is a competitive game mode.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 02:11:19 am »
We shouldn't remove pushing, but I've never thought of Deathrun as a competitive gamemode. If anything, it's a cooperative effort made by all the players. If you push people off in an effort to be one of the last survivors, you are one mondo-dick.
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 03:11:22 pm »
We shouldn't remove pushing, but I've never thought of Deathrun as a competitive gamemode. If anything, it's a cooperative effort made by all the players. If you push people off in an effort to be one of the last survivors, you are one mondo-dick.
Apparently DR is serious business. As a DR regular, I say keep the pushing in. Everyone else has already given the reasons I was going to say.

Usually anyone who dies by being pushed off wasn't paying attention or doesn't know how to control their character when in a large crowd. Deal with it.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »
Apparently DR is serious business. As a DR regular, I say keep the pushing in. Everyone else has already given the reasons I was going to say.

Usually anyone who dies by being pushed off wasn't paying attention or doesn't know how to control their character when in a large crowd. Deal with it.
Or when they're on a platform and have a lag spike. *cough* me *cough* Curse you Internet and your lag spikes!

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 09:04:42 pm »
Or when they're on a platform and have a lag spike. *cough* me *cough* Curse you Internet and your lag spikes!
Yeah, I know that feel. Can't do much about that, though.