Author Topic: Class abilities  (Read 6677 times)

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
Class abilities
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »
Scout - Bonk invincibility
Soldier - Whip
Pyro - Detonator
Demoman- Caber
Heavy - G.R.U Slowed down to 120% increase
Engineer- None
Sniper - Australian  (No damn clue)
Medic - Healing with X-Bow
Spy- 1 use Dead ringer

If anyone has any ideas just post em
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 09:54:34 pm by Miaumon »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Class abilities
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 11:26:58 pm »
The spy no longer has the dead ringer since yesterday's update. I'm still considering if this is an okay change.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:16:38 pm »
Dead ringer worked on a few traps, its fun to use on the last trap on forest if you make it to the end the bomb wont kill you. but now theres no reason to play spy. We could mod it to where the recharge is really slow or it could be a one time use through give item code.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:22:26 pm by Miaumon »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:41:43 pm »
I believe the biggest problem with the dead ringer is the cloak. Otherwise the once-off survivability can be equated to the scout's bonk.

It's really frustrating when a spy uses DR and cloaks through traps and ends up being way in front where you don't see them.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 02:10:04 pm »
Ah yes when a spy jumps down the elevator on sawmill. we could disable the cloaks length with "34 ; 999" which would make it drain in an instant. i would test but my computer is fried, looking for a new one though going with a desktop (Herp Derp). would a http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0373654 be any good or just buy a case and build it on my own?

NVM mine is fixed so i will be on tomorrow to fix it, can you post the sm_gi for the deadringer or do i need to make my own?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:42:12 pm by Miaumon »

Offline Thochun

• Unrelenting hatred against animated ponies.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 03:05:35 am »
Also Demoman has a perk. He can use his caber pool (the hand grenade) to launch him upward, useful to escape traps that does not have a ceiling.
A.K.A. Captain One-Shot.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 07:39:43 pm »
wouldn't really go over well on maps like forest where the ceiling will kill you but we might try it just to see.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 04:05:09 pm »
Can we change the Caber to doing no damage to yourself?

Offline Rukrio

• the village idiot
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 11:08:31 am »
even though i don't play DR, i have a dumb idea for a sniper perk in it, and it might require a bit of coding:

being able to see the buttons that aren't pressed?

Help. I don't know where this belongs.

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:19:28 pm »
already thought of that, to hard to do.

Offline Wizzy

• Donator
  • Acta non verba (actions not words)
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 05:45:51 pm »
Soldier can also use the Escape Plan on certain maps such as Dlux and Badwater, for better or worse.

Proposed idea for the engineer: Euraka effect grants 1 warp out to a certain point on the map, alternatively the Jag can be used to climb walls at a price for HP, and blocks healing?

Proposed idea for the sniper: Same as jag idea above except reintroduced with the Bushwacka. Alternatively, a certain set loadout grants a speed bonus same as the Pyro's Gas Jockey set.
Why am I gay? You should first ask: Why are you straight?

Superbia offerent tibi non animi pacem
(Pride will offer you no peace of mind)

Offline Miaumon

• Full Admin
  • I'm a QR code suck it
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 02:26:49 am »
>Proposed idea for the engineer: Euraka effect grants 1 warp out to a certain point on the map, alternatively the Jag can be used to climb walls at a price for HP, and blocks healing?

People would tele behind things that kill people (trains, kings, penis, etc.) Block healing is pointless because medics cant heal and Xbox arrows override it, there wouldent be much use for it.

>Pyro's Gas Jockey set. we already plan on getting rid of this.

Offline Shae

• Saxton hell's local black gentleman.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2012, 06:24:51 pm »
So will the classes have to have the required weapons to activate their abilities? If so, then these aren't class abilities, these are just weapon changes. :/

Also will they be passive abilities (Automatically activates under certain conditions) or active abilities (Press a button. It fucking activates).

I wanna know this stuff before I start suggesting shit.

I prefer a tofu fried chicken substitute.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 12:51:21 am »
Their abilities are essentially based on what weapons they have right now.

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 11:39:01 pm »
Demoman ability -

Demomen equiping the Chargin' Targe can have the stats that still come with the shield (admins may buff/nerf as they see fit), although the shield does not get it's charging ability.

Heavy ability -

With the heavy's GRU, perhaps it can still have its old speed back, for the cost of a lower set health, e.g:Heavy has 300 health, heavy equips GRU, heavy now has 250 health. this does not mean that once the heavy is using the GRU as his current weapon he loses 50 health, I mean that when its in his loadout slots (when one equips it on the loadout screen/backpack screen), his max health will be 250.

Engineer ability -

An engineer with the Southern Hospitality can activate a rage/boost where he gets a 100 hp boost for 20 seconds, and a speed boost. I was kinda hoping that the speed boost would be as fast as GRU heavies (if engineers actually are faster, then can it be faster than that? W/E, its up to you guys if you want the engi boost to make him faster than GRU heavies, if this ability even gets "published")To activate it - Taunt key/G
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:54:21 pm by h_twenty »
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.