Poll

Is the level of acceptance for maps too low?

Yes
3 (50%)
No
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 29, 2014, 02:21:26 am

Author Topic: [POLL] Is the level of acceptance for maps too low?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
[POLL] Is the level of acceptance for maps too low?
« on: March 09, 2014, 01:21:26 am »
Please leave a comment with what maps you think should of not been accepted.

Poll lasts for 20 days.

I think that quiches maps have to go (except may) because there lack of good design in all areas of his maps, gameplay, bugs, features, traps, geometry, visuals, and more. He fucks up his ports by adding unnecessary things and even adding those things badly too, Quiche's maps have gotten the most hate so far in the community. +Factory should be removed too, It's fullbright, bland traps, overuse of guessing doors, repeated traps, not fun to play, ugly as something  really ugly and has poor design. (any fullbright maps that aren't based on a fullbright source should be removed, and currently that's only factory)

QUICHE MADE:
dr_pyramid
dr_pool_party
dr_horror_school
dr_pain_facilty
dr_may
dr_space
dr_hell
dr_cliffside
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:26:49 pm by 111112oo »

Offline crab

• literally sweating while trying hard
Re: [POLL] Is the level of acceptance for maps too low?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 06:51:16 am »
who the fuck is quiches and what did he make

Offline LEON35

• Eat shit :D
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 12:11:53 pm »
who the fuck is quiches and what did he make

wats deathrun

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 02:14:25 pm »
Le snip
It's not that the acceptance for maps is too low, but instead the submitter if the map has to question the map and ask "Would this map be good for this particular gamemode and would the server like it?". Voidy I'd presume just tests it to see if the map functions or not. It's up to us to determine whether the map is fun or not (and whether it's balanced or not for both teams).
QUICHE MADE:
dr_pyramid
dr_pool_party
dr_horror_school
dr_pain_facilty
dr_may
dr_space
dr_hell
dr_cliffside
Not all were made by Quiche. Some were ported, as mentioned by Voidy in another thread.
I don't get why everyone thinks Quiche "put them together". They're ports from other games. He simply added some tf2 spawn/game logic entities and fixed up some stuff. If you don't like the maps then you should complain to the original author.

As for complaining about "bad ports": make a better one. All I see so far is a lot of senseless bashing—words and no actions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:06:18 pm by Punishment_Fatal »

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline jay50jay

• FaZe Clan Representative
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 04:18:35 pm »
why cant i hold all these polls
"If you see a moose, just whip your dang out and start whackin' it. That kind of sexual confidence will get inside the moose's head." - Northernlion, June, 2012.