Author Topic: Suggestion for vsh_dr_area_51_b1  (Read 6857 times)

Offline 14grunt

• Floof.
Suggestion for vsh_dr_area_51_b1
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:26:08 pm »
Could we please disable the part on the map where you have to input a code to continue? There have been quite a bit of rounds that were lost on this map because people put the wrong code in. I wouldn't mind this trap so much if it weren't for the fact that it is fairly easy to troll on and makes it so that the ENTIRE team can't advance on if the wrong code is given. Please consider doing something about this.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
Re: Suggestion for vsh_dr_area_51_b1
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:22:40 pm »
Could we please disable the part on the map where you have to input a code to continue? There have been quite a bit of rounds that were lost on this map because people put the wrong code in. I wouldn't mind this trap so much if it weren't for the fact that it is fairly easy to troll on and makes it so that the ENTIRE team can't advance on if the wrong code is given. Please consider doing something about this.
Eh, I think it just adds more to the difficulty to the map. Also, I've seen multiple times that you can pass it if you hit the buttons at a certain angle with a melee weapon. You can just avoid going to the map too, that always works.

TL;DR I don't think it's necessary to remove that trap.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline 14grunt

• Floof.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 04:20:11 pm »
I'm not really complaining so much about the trap itself so much as the part where it can screw over your entire team if one person decides to troll or if somebody just forgot/didn't look at the code. Also I have never seen people SUCCESSFULLY put in the code after it was failed.

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:47:26 pm »
I'm not really complaining so much about the trap itself so much as the part where it can screw over your entire team if one person decides to troll or if somebody just forgot/didn't look at the code. Also I have never seen people SUCCESSFULLY put in the code after it was failed.
Eh, I've seen it multiple times. It's hard to do, yes, but it definitely is possible considering GMan's speed.

Usually around Trading Hell and Zombie Hell. Message me on Steam if you need something.

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 04:56:48 pm »
Its not hard to remember the code given at the beginning...
Besides, I'm pretty sure this map has custom content, so that means if it were decompiled and edited, some things would be wrong.

Solution? Remember the damn code.
Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline BLAKUboy

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 10:31:32 pm »
The problem is trolls, not people forgetting the code.
I am totally the prettiest girl on the Prop Hunt server.
#PrettiestGirl2013 #SoTryhard

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 11:50:36 pm »
Besides, I'm pretty sure this map has custom content, so that means if it were decompiled and edited, some things would be wrong.

heheheh, no.

Custom content is 0% of the problem with fixing maps. Use BSPSOURCE (better than fukken vmex) to extract the content.

___

Please remove this awful ass map that takes up map space and prevents good maps from being played sooner.

EDIT: and hell
EDIT: and mario b3
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:26:40 am by 111112oo »

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 01:30:59 am »
EDIT: and mario b3
Well... with that one, you have Nurse and me to blame for it still being up. I saw nothing wrong with the fireball trap, but the map creator took them out in b4. So I asked Voidy to put b3 back in.

As far as the code panel on area 51, would it be possible to teleport any surviving players to the second half if the floor around the panel is destroyed? That would probably lessen the need to troll there, at least a little bit.

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 01:32:21 am »
as far as the code panel on area 51, would it be possible to teleport any surviving players to the second half if the floor around the panel is destroyed? That would probably lessen the need to troll there, at least a little bit.

Still an awful map that needs to die in hell.

EDIT: why the fuck would you want a same map in the rotation twice with each version having little change? It takes up the maplist and delays good maps from being played.

EDIT: cliffside sucks too.

EDIT: screw inca

This deathrun server is quantity>quality and that's a bad thing, If we kept the maps that were at least decent to a degree and scrapped the rest this server would be heaps better better.
+with less crap maps, there will be less waiting time between good maps.

screw castle

screw basickbrick
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:34:47 am by 111112oo »

Offline Punishment_Fatal

• Full Admin
  • Hat Fancier
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 08:38:44 am »
Well... with that one, you have Nurse and me to blame for it still being up.
You can't forget about Wizzy and I :P. Anyways...
EDIT: why the fuck would you want a same map in the rotation twice with each version having little change? It takes up the maplist and delays good maps from being played.
Considering the map doesn't get nominated much (the same with b4), we might as well keep it in the rotation since people like Knucklejoe, Nurse Pinkamena and I like a challenge and don't want the map to play itself.

This deathrun server is quantity>quality and that's a bad thing, If we kept the maps that were at least decent to a degree and scrapped the rest this server would be heaps better better.
+with less crap maps, there will be less waiting time between good maps.
Every once in a while, people like to play old maps that are in the rotation because frankly, playing the same 12 maps over and over again gets boring... fast. If we removed maps and kept maps that people liked, eventually people would get bored of the maps they like and want new ones/ones that are rarely played.

cliffside sucks too.

screw inca

screw castle

screw basickbrick
Again, maps that aren't nominated enough, but if you have the argument of removing them from the server, see my above post.
Also, why did you remove the spinning trap on dreamytrack? The only thing that is arguably OP on that trap is the actual spinning mechanic before and after the trap is activated, since Heavies and Soldiers with no boost will probably die in it. The actual trap wasn't overpowered at all. Spies could easily walk through it if Hale didn't time it right, and you could just go in and walk out of the trap immediately to trick Hale on activating it.

Offline h_twenty

• The Demopan is only OP when I play him.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 11:09:22 am »
Wow, this isn't even a fucking suggestion thread, its just 111112oo bitching and Fatal replying.

heheheh, no.

Custom content is 0% of the problem with fixing maps. Use BSPSOURCE (better than fukken vmex) to extract the content.

I do use BSPSource, but you can't load the custom content the same way the original dev did if you decompile it (with anything, mind you). This goes for everything custom.

Anyways...Considering the map doesn't get nominated much (the same with b4), we might as well keep it in the rotation since people like Knucklejoe, Nurse Pinkamena and I like a challenge and don't want the map to play itself.
 Every once in a while, people like to play old maps that are in the rotation because frankly, playing the same 12 maps over and over again gets boring... fast.
Agreed. I still like playing the old-ass maps like forest, slay, horrors, and dust.

Joined during 2011.
I'm h_twenty, and I approve this messege.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 05:21:01 pm »

Cause I like b3. :(

Offline 111112oo

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 06:23:25 pm »

I've changed my mind and I'd say b3 is better, and area 51 is decent enough to be kept, but it still is pointless to have the 2 versions at once.

I'm not taking about old maps, I'm talking about absolutely shit maps that have no time spent on them and are so poorly designed (hell, factory, basicbrick, inca) THEY should be removed (forest, dust, universe are fine) , I'd say around 5 of the worst maps should be removed.

About the time argument, I'm just annoyed that I have to wait 10 hours to play a map again and it's annoying. I don't want maps to be played as rapidly as punishment stated though.

h_twenty, If you cant load custom content correctly then how did I port maps like dr_dreamytrack that relies alot on custom content? I dont know what the problem is for you so I cant say much.

I removed the spinning trap as you cant trick death into activating it, you have to keep moving and that's op, the trap already kills enough people even though its easy. +I can do it as a heavy without the gru/whip..
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:53:41 pm by 111112oo »

Offline Knucklejoe

• Full Admin
  • Friendly Neighborhood Judo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 03:48:59 am »
You can't forget about Wizzy and I :P.
Er... Oops. How did I forget about you and Wizzy?

See? We've even got Voidy on our side.

BACK ON TOPIC: I'll go ahead and attempt to make a fix for area 51.

I see a few ideas on how to fix it here (I've given one of them), but I guess the challenge is actually implementing it. Good luck.

Offline Nurse Pinkamena

• Such pony much wow
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 01:35:50 pm »
I heard my name
Edit: new thread time
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:43:22 pm by Nurse Pinkamena »