Author Topic: Map exploit: VSH_DR_DUST_B3_FIXED  (Read 2562 times)

Offline 14grunt

• Floof.
Map exploit: VSH_DR_DUST_B3_FIXED
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:43:35 am »
From what I know this exploit has existed for a while. So anyway there is this exploit on this map that allows people to get stuck on a trap involving platforms that Hale can activate to make them disappear, but people can get stuck on them and use that to avoid the map motivator.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=181223013

Offline Sakuya

Re: Map exploit: VSH_DR_DUST_B3_FIXED
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:33:57 am »
Dust, that huge map with a giant clock thing and other maps involving these kind of traps.

Offline Baysick

• Ɛ: ʇolɐ ɹp ʎɐld puɐ ʎuoɹq ɐ ɯ,I
Re: Map exploit: VSH_DR_DUST_B3_FIXED
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 09:01:35 pm »
The reason why I have not reported anything similar to this is that players will either get stuck attempting to move around motivators or will be slayed as on most maps with motivators there are invisible timers that go off some time during or after a motivator reaches the end of the map. If that is not the case then the exploit does not require a high amount of attention for the reason that it takes sharp timing to intentionally get your character suck in specific place like that. Even if the low odds of your character getting stuck happens then it does not benefit or take advantage of either teams so it is not a very considerable exploit. The only other exploit I know of (for now) similar to this is the fifth trap on vsh_dr_slay_b5.

I was planning to report this later relating traps that completely remove its entire entity along with platforms that glitch when two players hitboxes come in contact but then this was brought. I may just report the collision platform glitches only.

The solution for the admins for this particular bug (and I speak for bugs such as this one in general) is to zone the area of the exploited trap for (if any) maps that do not have a backup timer. Otherwise I suggest you leave this problem alone.
$@xt0n H3LL 4 L1f3