Author Topic: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions  (Read 53027 times)

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Map Rotation / Map Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2014, 11:15:04 pm »
Added zf_coyote_b6 and zf_canyon_fix_gfl to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2014, 05:18:17 pm »
Added zf_sky_temple and zf_space_mission to the rotation.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »
Updated zf_yard_v4 back to the older version, zf_yard_v3.

Removed the following maps from rotation due to performance issues or low map ratings:

zf_fort_b2
zf_degrootkeep_v3w
zf_badwater_gov
zf_lumberyard_v17

Offline Serris

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2014, 09:07:12 pm »
I just wanted to thank y'all for the maplist additions, they've injected new blood into one of my servers and I'm very grateful for that.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2014, 06:14:41 pm »
Added the following maps to the rotation:

zf_isaac_v1_7
zf_abased_sp2
zf_cp_ghost_town_v1_intox
zf_hotel_rm3b_ig
zf_logfort_v5
zf_ranch_v5

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2014, 06:55:45 pm »

zf_pen15_v2
zf_turtle_attack_v5

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2014, 07:00:28 pm »
Removed zf_cp_ghost_town_v1_intox from the rotation due to low map ratings.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2015, 07:46:00 pm »

zf_somethingorother_fix2
zf_floatingcity_v3a_ig
zf_panic2014_v3
zf_headquarters_v2_fix1
zf_woodland_v1a_intox

Updated zf_panic_apartment_b3 to zf_panic_apartment_sp1_ig.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2015, 09:56:16 pm »
Added zf_port_v2 to the rotation.

Offline Reshy

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2015, 08:53:51 am »
zf_warhead seems to have a broken door that locks the survivors in the spawning area without any health or ammo kits.

zf_isaac is unwinnable for survivors if they pick up the Polaroid either intentionally or by accident.

zf_logfort has an exploit where zombies can leave hunter marks on unreachable roofs above survivors, letting them attack survivors immediately with impunity and is generally poorly balanced, lacking in supply kits and cover.  I actually went and counted and there are only 3 health and ammo kits, all of which are small and very spread out. 

zf_harbor is a poorly balanced attack/defense map where the zombies have spawns within 10ft of the first two caps, there is a complete lack of cover in the map, and nearly no health or ammo kits.  The control points are all in wide-open spaces without any real cover for them.  This basically allows (again) hunters to place spawn markers behind their spawn locations and get in and kill players with impunity.  The map also has a distressing lack of pick-ups (a single medium ammo kit and small health kit for A and a small health and ammo kit for B).  Overall the result is that survivors have yet to win any rounds in the times I have played it.  Not even once.

Offline LilithReiNightShade

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2015, 12:36:14 pm »
zf_warhead seems to have a broken door that locks the survivors in the spawning area without any health or ammo kits.

zf_isaac is unwinnable for survivors if they pick up the Polaroid either intentionally or by accident.

zf_logfort has an exploit where zombies can leave hunter marks on unreachable roofs above survivors, letting them attack survivors immediately with impunity and is generally poorly balanced, lacking in supply kits and cover.  I actually went and counted and there are only 3 health and ammo kits, all of which are small and very spread out. 

zf_harbor is a poorly balanced attack/defense map where the zombies have spawns within 10ft of the first two caps, there is a complete lack of cover in the map, and nearly no health or ammo kits.  The control points are all in wide-open spaces without any real cover for them.  This basically allows (again) hunters to place spawn markers behind their spawn locations and get in and kill players with impunity.  The map also has a distressing lack of pick-ups (a single medium ammo kit and small health kit for A and a small health and ammo kit for B).  Overall the result is that survivors have yet to win any rounds in the times I have played it.  Not even once.

I may not post here often, but let me give you the lowdown on each.

zf_warhead_mesa's door shouldn't be broken, as far as i've known the map has not ever been updated, and the door works by a survivor standing in the marked area in front, at which point it will slowly open. If there's any problem, my only recommendation is to have the Admin update the map with a different version. Until that happens, should the door be 'jammed' persay, just don't use pyros unless you have supplier and a medic. Otherwise, rely on explosive jumping, sentry wrangling, or other such tactics to skirt the wall.

zf_issac cannot be fixed, the particle effects for the polaroid are simply missing or unusable. The only thing one can do is inform everyone on server of the problem and pray nobody picks it up, it's primary spawn location is in the Depths section of the map behind a breakable wall, usually on a pedestal or floating. The map itself overall is fine, its just that these missing particle effects break the cathedral.

zf_logfort is more of a teamwork driven map. Although I am personally not its largest fan, the problem is remedied by survivors using the lower sections as cover from hunters, and a good team with at least 1 medic of holy-user, and a supplier, makes for a simple victory if one closes themselves in, but not so much as to be affected by sick or tar.

zf_harbor is a map where really the teamwork portion needs to come into play. Don't bullrush over to the first two points unless you know you can put up a good defense. In any case, don't spread yourselves thin, or it'll just be hunters. For the matter, bring along a supplier or two if the ammo becomes a problem. Basic ZF survival rules also apply, but if you find yourselves unable to win. Attempt to hold the last control point instead. It's easily defendable even if no one stands on it due to the open ended nature of it. I've beaten the map plenty of times myself as both sides, and most of the time the RED team wins by a good dose of Teamwork. Sadly, that seems to be lacking these days in alot of teams.

Offline Reshy

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2015, 02:18:41 pm »
ZF_Compound allows zombies to escape spawn before the setup ends, I think this version is different from the previous one.  It contains several edits that weren't in existence before and seems more messy than it once was on older versions.  Maybe someone else took over editing of it, but currently it's broken due to zombies being able to escape spawn early.  If an earlier version with the functional spawn doors can be found I would recommend using that.

I may not post here often, but let me give you the lowdown on each.

zf_warhead_mesa's door shouldn't be broken, as far as i've known the map has not ever been updated, and the door works by a survivor standing in the marked area in front, at which point it will slowly open. If there's any problem, my only recommendation is to have the Admin update the map with a different version. Until that happens, should the door be 'jammed' persay, just don't use pyros unless you have supplier and a medic. Otherwise, rely on explosive jumping, sentry wrangling, or other such tactics to skirt the wall.

zf_issac cannot be fixed, the particle effects for the polaroid are simply missing or unusable. The only thing one can do is inform everyone on server of the problem and pray nobody picks it up, it's primary spawn location is in the Depths section of the map behind a breakable wall, usually on a pedestal or floating. The map itself overall is fine, its just that these missing particle effects break the cathedral.

zf_logfort is more of a teamwork driven map. Although I am personally not its largest fan, the problem is remedied by survivors using the lower sections as cover from hunters, and a good team with at least 1 medic of holy-user, and a supplier, makes for a simple victory if one closes themselves in, but not so much as to be affected by sick or tar.

zf_harbor is a map where really the teamwork portion needs to come into play. Don't bullrush over to the first two points unless you know you can put up a good defense. In any case, don't spread yourselves thin, or it'll just be hunters. For the matter, bring along a supplier or two if the ammo becomes a problem. Basic ZF survival rules also apply, but if you find yourselves unable to win. Attempt to hold the last control point instead. It's easily defendable even if no one stands on it due to the open ended nature of it. I've beaten the map plenty of times myself as both sides, and most of the time the RED team wins by a good dose of Teamwork. Sadly, that seems to be lacking these days in alot of teams.

ZF_Warhead_Mesa's door wouldn't open when we did that, so we got killed like that twice before the map was RTV'd.

If ZF_Isaac the map is broken, why have it on the server?  Did the map developer just drop it?  I know it looks pretty, but if the map isn't winnable that's not... good.

ZF_Logfort is a fairly bad map, let's just call it like it is.  If the survivors use the lower sections the hunters will just move down their spawn markers, which solves nothing.  I played that map at least three times now (multiple rounds per session) and it's nigh unwinnable even with a coordinated team.  At least, with what players there were at the time.

ZF_Harbor is also fairly bad, it lacks pickups and cover, the control points are too small so you have to sit directly on it; and the final point is basically indefensible.  That's not good design.  I've tried tackling this with my friends before, and yet that big fat 0 still hangs over the red's winnings.  If you can manage to win it then kudos to you, but if it happens then it's rare.  I myself, nor have my friends (all of which are at least competent at stock tf2) have been able to manage it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:41:22 pm by Reshy »

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2015, 02:11:49 pm »
Removed zf_ravine_b1 from rotation due to server crashes.

Offline Lucidly Awake

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2016, 07:55:42 pm »
please remove mine

zombies spawn on top of survivors with their spawn protection on and its impossible to move thru the wall of zombies

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2016, 09:28:40 pm »
If the problem is spawn protection, shouldn't disabling it be a better approach than removing the map?