Author Topic: Invincible Zombies / Spawn Protection  (Read 7351 times)

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Invincible Zombies / Spawn Protection
« on: December 25, 2013, 01:00:29 am »
Apparently the spycicle seems to be blocking ALL damage for 2 seconds instead of just fire?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:41:51 am by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

http://youtu.be/C90h1pbF1yY

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Invincible Spies
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 04:31:36 am »
Not seeing any code within the ZF plugin that would do something like that, can you try to confirm this?

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 01:24:24 am »
Not sure I think i started seeing scouts and heavies not taking damage, is there some new spawn protection or something cuz they're getting kills while invincible on some maps.
There was one instant on an adventure cap map, spy drops down, takes 6 rockets to the face, gets a kill, then dies to 1 rocket after getting the kill.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:26:44 am by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Primarily running around Zombie Fortress, Freak Fortress, and occasionally Randomizer.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:59:58 am »
There is a (relatively) new spawn protection system, yes. It gives zombies 5 seconds of god mode on spawn to deal with some of the spawn camping issues players have been reporting recently. It also accounts for zombies using the hunter perk and won't give them godmode if they spawn through their marker.

If the 5 seconds are a little too much on some maps where spawns could be next to where survivors may camp, this is something worth tweaking. Another option is to change the god mode to be a form where you cannot take damage but are still affected by physics force (explosions, etc).

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:55:35 pm »
I can see how this is good for survival maps, but not the least bit good for adventure maps where sometimes the zombie spawn is nearby but unable to be spawncamped.  Zombies can drop in and get kills before this spawn immunity wears off.
On Hiatus

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 03:50:33 am »
I can see how this is good for survival maps, but not the least bit good for adventure maps where sometimes the zombie spawn is nearby but unable to be spawncamped.  Zombies can drop in and get kills before this spawn immunity wears off.

If you can list off some maps where we can disable spawn protection, I'd happily modify our plugin to suit those maps.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Re: Invincible Zombies
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 01:16:51 am »
Lets see, mostly adventure maps...

zf_alpine_b4_2
zf_badwater_gov
zf_dustbowl_b4    (some spawns are right above the cap giving you 4+ seconds of invuln)
zf_expedition_c3  ^
zf_fort_b2

guess thats all I found from the servers we're running for now
On Hiatus

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
Re: Invincible Zombies
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 09:51:47 am »
I've disabled spawn protection on those maps. Let me know if there are any others.

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
Re: Invincible Zombies / Spawn Protection
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 06:43:25 am »
Zf_4way_v11 seems to have been having some troubles with the spawn protection now, didn't think it would at first since zombies spawn in a separate room from the rest of the map but they can still sometimes absorb a few hits from close teleport areas.  also an adventure type map.

Also wondering if we can get a visual for protection I hate wasting ammo when I don't know they're still invincible.  (I guess you added an uber effect when they would have taken damage but doesn't stop me from wasting ammo cuz I don't know that they're still protected.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:25:07 pm by Lunacy »
On Hiatus

Offline Lunacy

• DAT RANGE
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 11:58:01 am »
ZF_Alpine seems to still have spawn protection and it just wrecks survivors since spawns are often close by.
On Hiatus

Offline Ever, Greatest

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 08:21:21 pm »
Yeah, I don't know if an update rolled the settings back or something, but the spawn protection is utterly destructive to the game balance on many maps. Another place it needs to be tweaked is zf_panic, five seconds makes holing up underground completely impossible. Two and a half or three seconds would be much more appropriate.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 08:51:03 pm »
ZF_Alpine seems to still have spawn protection and it just wrecks survivors since spawns are often close by.

Whoops, I think I disabled it for the wrong version of the map. That's fixed now.

Offline Lucidly Awake

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 05:27:20 pm »
For the love of god, disable it on isaac! Chad is enough without it.

Offline VoiDeD

• Full Admin
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 05:59:55 pm »
Okay, given that bosses seem to spawn out zombies, I've disabled spawn protection on that map for now.

Offline elsoqo

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 09:49:30 am »
I know this is an older thread, but since it's along the subject of my request I figured why the balls not.

There are two other maps where zombie spawn protection should be turned off.  I don't know the exact names, but they are ChillChain and Drain.

In fact, maybe they should be disabled for all cp maps?  I can't think of one cp map where disabling it completely would be a bad idea.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:52:46 am by elsoqo »